RoadMast erSway Bar Steering Stabilizer

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Bill Erhardt

RoadMast erSway Bar Steering Stabilizer

Post by Bill Erhardt »

Howdy to the Born Free Gang from Bill in Helena, Mt.

After almost 60 days of wild land fire in Alaska and Montana, I finally had the time to install the Roadmaster Sway Bar that was hidden under the bed new in the Box. I purchased the Roadmaster Steering Stabilizer as I wanted to install both at the same time. Elsa came with the rear Roadmaster Sway bar installed !!!

Install was really straight forward for both items after watching the youtube video. It took about 4 hours as I was by myself and had to used a couple of crank up stands to get it in place. It required the tall bushing on the sway bar so I had to purcvhase a vise grip C clamp to squeeze the bracket for alignment to the frame bolt holes.

I took Elsa my 2005 Born Free for a test drive and had to adjust the steering stabilizer as I did not have the steering straight. I realigned and it drove straight and true.

I was impressed at how nice it made driving with the upgrade to the Roadmaster Front Sway Bar and Steering Stabilizer. I went on the freeway and set cruise to 65 so big trucks would pass me. Woo Hoo !!! Elsa held a nice straight track. Cross winds were about 10 MPH which had little affect !!!! Finally, cornering improved greatly as Elsa did not hardly lean.. I am sure this will make my next adventure even more fun.

Bill Erhardt Helena, Mt 2005 Born Free RSB Elsa
Attachments
Roadmaster Sway Bar and Steering Stabilizer Installed
Roadmaster Sway Bar and Steering Stabilizer Installed
RoadMasterInstall1Small.jpg (136.09 KiB) Viewed 2683 times
JeffatJacks

Re: RoadMast erSway Bar Steering Stabilizer

Post by JeffatJacks »

Thanks for posting. We have the same setup on our 2004 26RB. Those upgrades in conjunction with a good alignment has made our coach very driveable.
2004 Born Free 26 RB
Towing a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Bill Erhardt

Re: RoadMast erSway Bar Steering Stabilizer

Post by Bill Erhardt »

Excellent on the 2004 RSB same setup with Road Master !!

I am looking forward to a couple short trips in Montana over the next three weeks and then off to the East Coast via the Great Lakes with Elsa and my motorcycle !! I have a nice bucket list of things to do and places to see over 4 weeks or so. I will post a long range report when I return !!!

Bill 2005 Elagance RSB ""Elsa ""
Attachments
Glacier Water Town Ham Fest Montana July 2018 Glacier Park
Glacier Water Town Ham Fest Montana July 2018 Glacier Park
GlacierCheckinSmall.jpg (141.78 KiB) Viewed 2601 times

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”