Gale Banks Power Kit

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

ronpurdum

Gale Banks Power Kit

Post by ronpurdum »

Has anyone out there installed a Gale Banks Power system on an E-450 unit with the Ford V-10. If so, with what results as far as power, milage, and noise. Thanks
GKarschnick

Post by GKarschnick »

I can't comment on the V-10 application, but I can tell you that we installed the Banks Power Pack and Transcommand on our 1992 V-8 and the difference was outstanding. I would estimate about 60 more horsepower and a 10% millage increase. It eliminated the "downshifts" at every hill. There was no noticable noise increase, however, the exhause sound was more throaty and pleasant.
Last edited by GKarschnick on Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mel Wilbur

banks power

Post by Mel Wilbur »

Installed the full power pack system along with the transcommand unit on our V-10 approximately 50k miles ago and have been very pleased with the results. I would put our fuel economy gain at approximately 5% but the system gave me what I was looking for in horsepower/torque which as was previously noted reduced the downshifting by a very large percent. Would I do it again, in a heartbeat.
Mel & Connie
rv4fun

Post by rv4fun »

We had a Banks full power pack system and trans-command installed on our 2001, Rear Door 22ft Born Free in Nov. 2000. It's added 5 to 10% improvement in gas mileage, but adds more torque for towing our boat. The trans-command is great and makes things a lot easier on the transmission by eliminating unnecessary shifting of the automatic transmission. We are happy with the system.. it's been trouble free.. Larry
Linda Giuliani

Post by Linda Giuliani »

We installed a Banks system on our 2002 26' RSB about a year ago. We believe we are getting additional gas mileage, however we installed it for the power it provides in mountain driving. We are totally pleased with the performance. It has taken all the stress out of driving the Rockies. We are never underpowered and our speed remains constant on the steepest grades.
gbuick

Post by gbuick »

1.What are the costs of these systems?

2. A recent issue of Escapee's magazine has a rather thorough article on this subject and it suggests 1. Cold air induction, 2. Headers, 3. High flow
catalytic converter, 4. Nonrestrictive muffler, 5. Stainless Steel "tuned"
exhaust system, 6. Larger tires with lightweight wheels etc etc. Are these items all a part of any attempt to increase horsepower?

Please excuse my complete mechanical ignorance.
Linda Giuliani

Post by Linda Giuliani »

Dear gbuick,

Cost of our system at Camping World last year was approx. $3,000 installed.

The Banks system provides items 1 thru 5 in your post. Larger tires/lightweight wheels are not a part of the Bank package.
Ann P

Gale Banks power kit

Post by Ann P »

I am also interested in adding the Banks Power Pack. I called their 800 # after trying the Camping World site first. CW told me my 2005 Ford E-450 V-10, was "not supported'; they list '99-04. But the Banks guy in LA said they do have the system for my model, and it's $2440 for the full kit. They can ship it and I have to find a trustworthy place to install it. Since I'm wandering around Arizona at the moment, I'll wait ..but other RVers are quite happy with their power kits. They can leap tall buildings,etc.

I'm also interested in the Steer-Safe. Anyone tried that? Thanks
Dave&JanPotter

Re: Gale Banks power kit

Post by Dave&JanPotter »

Ann P wrote:I am also interested in adding the Banks Power Pack. I called their 800 # after trying the Camping World site first. CW told me my 2005 Ford E-450 V-10, was "not supported'; they list '99-04. But the Banks guy in LA said they do have the system for my model, and it's $2440 for the full kit. They can ship it and I have to find a trustworthy place to install it. Since I'm wandering around Arizona at the moment, I'll wait ..but other RVers are quite happy with their power kits. They can leap tall buildings,etc.

I'm also interested in the Steer-Safe. Anyone tried that? Thanks
Are you sure you have a 2005 E-450 chassis? I have a 2005 BFT built on a 2004 E-350 Chassis. I previously had a similair situation on a brand X. Seems to be common in the industry to build this year's model on last year's chassis. I found out by reading the Ford Manual that came with the coach.
Ann P

Gale Banks power kit

Post by Ann P »

I have a 2005 BF 26' RSB, supposedly on a Ford 2005 E-450. I bought it used from a dealer in Phoenix, and there was not a Ford owners manual, nor a BF manual nor anything else useful to read. They did get me a 2005 owners guide from Ford later (took 2 months) , and I asked BF for a manual. Shouldn't there be a place on the chassis to check the year, or can't they tell from the VIN? I gave Banks my VIN number, and he told me they had the right power pack...I didn't know to ask him if I actually have a 2004 Ford. Jeeez...

Wish I had known about this forum a year ago and to check for used BFs for private sale, although I did see the BF website and then found my unit while browsing the net. Thanks to all you guys for being so informative and helpful.
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

Ann;

This site will decode your Ford VIN and give you the info you want.

https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/ ... elps John
gbuick

Gale Banks Power Kit

Post by gbuick »

I just got a phone quote from Banks for $3,600 installed at their factory
on a 06 26' RSB E450 V10.
ronpurdum

Banks kit

Post by ronpurdum »

Thanks to all who replied to my orginial query. Just finished installation of a full Power Pack and Trans-command on our 26 RSB. Cost was $2800 which included shipping to Pa. To those who got installed prices, PAY IT!! My hands look like hamburger. But the results seem to justify the pain (money and physical) Test run without towing the Jeep Wrangler was impressive. Again, thanks to all.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”