Using shore power to charge house batteries during storage

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Vlamgat

Re: Using shore power to charge house batteries during stora

Post by Vlamgat »

I have the Firefly and Outback install in a 2014 Triumph. I regularly use my 20 amp outlet to maintain charge and support the self protection circuit of the water heater. No issues. Actually I do not believe that Firefly has anything to do with this operation. I had to replace my Outback unit last year because of internal corrosion (as diagnosed by Outback) and set up post install was automatic because the settings are retained in the remote control panel and is no affected or influenced/controlled in any way by the Firefly network. Its hard wired using a Cat 5 or Cat 6 Data Cable that plugs into the Outback.

Those who have an Outback should get underneath their units and check that the air intake on the top of the unit is not aligned with the direction of travel as mine is. As mine is set up, the moisture saturated air flows from the front wheels will be ingested into the unit. This is a design issue that Outback (naturally) does not accept since they specify mounting instructions that would prevent this from happening moving the problem to a lack of experience at BF during the incorporation of this excellent unit. I have deigned a particularate filter in the hope that I get more than 5 years out of the replacement unit.
jlef123

Re: Using shore power to charge house batteries during stora

Post by jlef123 »

For those of us who have this unit would you please post the details of the particulate filter that you devised. Pictures would be welcome. Thanks
Joel & Sandy
2002 26' RB
2015 27' Splendor
2020 Coachmen Beyond

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”