Coach battery replacement...now no power to outlets

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

on a journey

Coach battery replacement...now no power to outlets

Post by on a journey »

2004 BF 24RB
After installing new Interstate SRM-31 batteries in the coach, the outlets are not working.... power from batteries not reaching converter. Converter works fine with generator power.

Do I have a 'hard to find' battery cut off switch? Seems I have read about such a switch, but cannot find the info again here on this form.
Something other than the gen-set.

thank you for helping me, joette
on a journey

Re: Coach battery replacement...now no power to outlets

Post by on a journey »

2004 24RB

The handy dandy Technical Library tells me the transfer relay/line generator switch may be the issue.

Thank You for having a Technical Library available!

Thank you to each and every one of you who have contributed!!!

Born Free Club working together, makes things easier.

joette
perleys

Post by perleys »

Joette, Where is the transfer relay/line generator switch located?
whemme

Post by whemme »

Jorge,

I fact that your AC outlets are working when you run your generator means that your transfer relay is working OK.

Do your lights inside the coach work from house battery power? If so that means at your coach battery master switch is turned ON. If not then that master switch needs to be turned ON and that you wired up your new batteries properly. Lastly your coach batteries will not power your AC outlets unless your coach is equipped with an inverted - that is a separate device not to be confused with your coach’s converter/charger. Is your coach equipped with an optional inverter that would allow your AC outlets to be powered from coach battery power?
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”