Source for battery door

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

4running

Source for battery door

Post by 4running »

Where can I find a battery door for a 26RSB?
Dallas Baillio

Re: Source for battery door

Post by Dallas Baillio »

Year?
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
4running

Post by 4running »

Its a 2005. I can post a photo of the door.
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

I hope I did not mislead you. You have the same battery door as I do. Later models were different. I asked year to clarify your request in the event another reader could give you the info. I damaged mine in a wreck in the NWT, Canada and the Born Free plant replaced it along with other repairs. I never saw a sticker or any other info on it to identify a manufacturer. At a homecoming I toured the factory and do not recall seeing an area where they manufactured these doors. I understand they bought the entry doors elsewhere so they may have bought battery doors as well. I do remember I was told the entry doors were made by Winnebago. I don’t know if this is accurate but you may want to contact them. Perhaps another reader can add or correct my info to help you.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
whemme

Post by whemme »

Years ago I needed to replace the battery compartment door on my 2002 26’ RSB coach. The door was damaged when I failed to lock the battery slideout tray and the tray containing the two heavy batteries slide out against the door during right turns causing major dents in the metal door. Well at that time the Born Free factory was still in business and I was able to buy a complete new door assembly from them. Of course the door came complete with the mounting frame and I had to remove the new door from its frame and used that door to replace my damaged door. Unfortunately I can’t answer the question as to who the manufacturer of that door was but I am pretty sure it was not Winnebago.

I think the same door was used in all Born Free coaches made until about model year 2005. My best advice is to take your coach to a RV service shop that does a lot of repair business and see if that recognize who manufactured that door.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
4running

Post by 4running »

Thats a good idea....
Ill give that a shot.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”