Electrical Cord Weather-Guard

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

WardPAW

Electrical Cord Weather-Guard

Post by WardPAW »

To keep the rain water out of the electrical cord connection, when using an extra cord, I place a piece of FedEx plastic engineering plans shipping sleeve over the cord, twist to close and secure with some double-sided velcro.

I also place a sleeve over our Surge Guard unit at the campsite pedestal. The lid of the pedestal holds the sleeve in place.

See photos.
Attachments
IMG_4243.JPG
IMG_4243.JPG (70.15 KiB) Viewed 2350 times
IMG_4242.JPG
IMG_4242.JPG (64.56 KiB) Viewed 2350 times
IMG_4240.JPG
IMG_4240.JPG (78.81 KiB) Viewed 2350 times
Ben Ward
2005 26 RSB, Diesel
RV Name: Lion PAW
Dallas Baillio

Re: Electrical Cord Weather-Guard

Post by Dallas Baillio »

I’ve never done anything like this believing it is grounded and the connection appears water tight.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
shilohdad

Re: Electrical Cord Weather-Guard

Post by shilohdad »

Actually, I had one of these surge guards and had it fail due to water damage. The instructions clearly said to keep the unit upright during rains. Well, while in Canada, one of the pedestals had the plug installed upside down, so we could not get the guard to stay upright. That night it rained fairly hard. Bye-bye surge guard. We never did replace it.
Joe and Lucinda
Tonto, Meadow and Shadow, the papillons
Shiloh and Morpho at Rainbow Bridge
2017 Spirit
Formerly 2006 24RB

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”