Recommendation on 2005 Born Free Built for Two

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Miss Bernie

Recommendation on 2005 Born Free Built for Two

Post by Miss Bernie »

I hope I am posting in the proper forum and apologize in advance if I've missed the mark. I have been looking for a Born Free Built for 2 for a while now and found one yesterday. Would love any suggestions as to whether or not I should jump on this...I'm pretty much ready to but wanted to check with the professionals first as I'm 100% novice....

Description below:

2005 Born Free Built for Two. 22 feet long bumper to bumper.
Great condition. Sleeps 2. Ford E350 with 6.8 L Triton V10 with 78,000 miles.
Gas generator - new tires - 2 burner cooktop - convection microwave oven - gas or electric fridge and freezer - propane furnace - A/C - remote control power incline twin beds / sofa - wet bath [sink, shower, toilet in a combined space].
The cab has power windows, power locks, tilt steering, cruise, power heated mirrors.
Soft spot on the floor just as you step in the RV.

Clear title. Clean Carfax.
$23,650
whemme

Re: Recommendation on 2005 Born Free Built for Two

Post by whemme »

Soft spot on floor would concern me. Typically that is caused by a water leak and the damage could be minor or it could be major. That water damage could extend to a side wall. Would recommend that you have that inspected by a RV technician to see how bad it is and what it would cost to repair.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
Miss Bernie

Post by Miss Bernie »

Thanks for that input. I really appreciate that advice !
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

If you are buying it from an individual I would give some thought as to whether or not I thought the seller was being honest with me. It is not foolproof to do so but don’t ignore your instinct. If from a dealer I would request the name of the previous owner and talk to him/her. If the dealer gives some excuse as to why he cannot give you that info you can ask for a Carfax report that will provide it. If you have a mechanic you trust with your car repair have him, or another mechanic he trusts, evaluate the engine and components. Are there receipts for routine maintenance such as oil changes and receipts for more major maintenance such as brake work? Any bigger items —- radiator replacement? If you feel you are dealing with an honest seller who has told you the truth them you may decide to dismiss all my recommendations and go with your instinct. Good Luck!
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”