Help to Upgrade Coach Batteries / Reprogram Outback Inverter

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

bbwolf

Help to Upgrade Coach Batteries / Reprogram Outback Inverter

Post by bbwolf »

My question is how to properly configure my Outback Inverter for "AGM" type of batteries.

I just replaced my two coach batteries from the original 12v Wet Cell to 12v AGM Batteries.
The charging configuration I have is:
- Zamp Solar (ZS-M-150) solar charging system. (Note: I was able to select AGM as the battery type on the menu)
- Outback FX2012MT Inverter.

Problem:
1. I can't get into the Outback battery charging menu screen. I can see Status, but am not able to change how the Outback inverter charges the batteries.
2. The programming on the inverter menu does not match the "Programming Manual" that I have, so I can't find out where to change the settings for:
Float, Absorb, Equalize, Depth of Discharge.

I wonder if Born Free wires the inverter battery charging and solar cell battery charging is such a way that the Zamp Solar charging system is in control of the battery type?

Alan and Jeannie Wolfe
2014 Born Free Freedom 23' RSK
Purchased from Factory
Alan and Jeannie Wolfe
2014 Born Free Freedom
bbwolf

Re: Help to Upgrade Coach Batteries / Reprogram Outback Inve

Post by bbwolf »

Found the answers!
For some reason, the menu access steps are NOT the same as the manufacturers instructions. You need to press the middle two (of the four) "soft buttons" on the Mate access panel. This brings up the missing menu to configure for our batteries.
If you upgrade from Wet Cells batteries to AGM or Lithium, you will need to access this so you don't ruin your new batteries.
Alan and Jeannie Wolfe
2014 Born Free Freedom
Vlamgat

Post by Vlamgat »

Were you asking about access to the Advanced Function using the password?
bbwolf

Post by bbwolf »

Vlamgat, good morning. No, I was just simply trying to access the menus that allow changes to the battery charging settings so that I could change the Float, Absorb, Equalize, Depth of Discharge.
If I followed the written manual, it said to push the left button, but after a lot of frustrating tries, I found the sequence that opened up menu! It was depressing the middle two buttons. After that, the written manual matched.

Thank you for asking.
Alan and Jeannie Wolfe
2014 Born Free Freedom

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”