Sensar wall plate connections

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

WayKulJr

Sensar wall plate connections

Post by WayKulJr »

Hello all,

I have a 2003 24rb that I bought last year in Le Mars, IA. Just an aside, I've been dreaming of owning a Born Free for years and my wife and I test drove a brand new 24rb in 2003 at the Humboldt plant. Pretty cool how life works out sometimes. I sometimes wonder if this one is the one we drove.

Anyway, the OTA TV antenna has already been swapped for a Winegard amplified Sensar with the Winegard wall plate. I'm thinking of getting the SensarPro signal meter so I pulled the wall plate out just to determine how I'm going to swap it and still be able to connect the TV since the TV1 output is on the back of the meter plate. I was pretty surprised that there was a coax connected to the TV2 output. I've had just about everything apart on this coach and I never stumbled over another coax. Does anyone know where that coax terminates? I'm kind of assuming that maybe it's ran somewhere up to the overhead in case there was an entertainment center installed but I poked and prodded and I sure can't find it.

Thanks for all the great tips and advice I've seen here. This has to be one of the most knowledgeable and considerate boards that I've ever read.

Duane - Otter Tail County, MN
tomzleapin

Re: Sensar wall plate connections

Post by tomzleapin »

Are you sure it's TV2? On my '05 there are two coax cables connected. Looking at the back, the cable on the left is antenna and the middle coax is for cable tv which comes from the connector in the outside shower.
Tom
2005 24' RB
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
New Hope, MN
whemme

Post by whemme »

How many coax’s are connected to the back of the wall plate? 2 or 3? I have 3 on my 2002 26’ RSB coach. The 3rd coax goes to a TV antenna outlet to a rear TV in the rear bed area.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
WayKulJr

Post by WayKulJr »

Good Friday to all and thank you for the views and replies.

There are 3 coaxes connected to the back of the wall plate and TV1 protrudes through the plate to the front so there is something connected to TV2. I was really hoping that some kind soul had ran a coax accessible from the outside on the passenger side of the coach to enjoy campfires, grilling, and Gilligan's Island but no such luck.

This is a Rear Bath model so there are no bedrooms and I've installed enough accessories in this coach that I thought I've been in just about every nook and cranny from the bathroom to the cab. Evidently, there's a nook and/or cranny I haven't visited just yet!

Thanks again!
WayKulJr

Post by WayKulJr »

Just in case anyone else is looking for this info, the 2nd coax along with 120v wiring extended from the TV outlet are in 2 single gang boxes located under the overhead bunk mattress sort of on the passenger side. I reckon they had overhead entertainment centers in some of the units around the '03 timeframe. I found it when I removed the mattress to replace the NGP coax for the CB antenna.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”