Elsa Born Free 2005 in Idaho

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Bill Erhardt

Elsa Born Free 2005 in Idaho

Post by Bill Erhardt »

BornFreeElsaSmall.jpg
BornFreeElsaSmall.jpg (210.16 KiB) Viewed 2859 times
GM everyone from Powell Ranger Station Powell Idaho from Bill on the Beaver/Marion Wild Land Fire.

Elsa has been on several fires since I last check in and sure a comfort out here.

I have been doing communications on Wild Land Fires for 21 years after retiring and I sleep very well and deservedly so as I get a little older (73).

Everyone stay safe out there.

Bill Erhardt Helena, Mt 2005 Born Free Rear Bed...

Pic 1 Elsa Pic 2 Me on the right with a great friend Jay Winfield left chatting at 7100 feet above the fire about our last 21 years on fire together. The friendship, trust, and comradery we have shared can only be experienced and not written in words.
Attachments
JayBillWaltonLakeBeaverFiresmall.jpg
JayBillWaltonLakeBeaverFiresmall.jpg (170.12 KiB) Viewed 2859 times
Ironhorse

Re: Elsa Born Free 2005 in Idaho

Post by Ironhorse »

A life well lived. Having just retired, I hope to say the same in my 70’s.
John Cassidy
Brighton, Michigan
2013 BF Front Lounge, 23 ft on E350 chassis
1966 Mustang conv
stevek

Post by stevek »

Sadly, looks like fires are the current way of life.
Next fire season, we are going to keep our BF ready and stocked. Not stored as usual.
And, backed into the driveway for a easy "getaway" in case we have to evacuate our home.
We had some scary fires near us this year. One starting only 2 miles away, which caused much damage.
Luck for us, the winds were away from us.
Strange times we live in. Great to have our Born Free. :D

Thanks Bill for the great pics and story. :D
Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border
corgicampers

Post by corgicampers »

Stevek a month after we purchased ours (our first RV also) we got evacuated from our home near Portland. As emotional as it was backing out our driveway for what could have been the last time, being able to wait it out in our home away from home (mostly packed for a trip we were planning), where our dogs had quickly become comfortable, was worth every penny we spent on our RV! Thankfully the fire stopped approaching our home 6 miles short and started moving away from it so we were able to return for a day to pack better, then take a nice two week trip while the smoke dissipated.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”