Death of our Beloved Born Free

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

wrbrewer

Death of our Beloved Born Free

Post by wrbrewer »

On our way home, after a successful hunting trip in the Buffalo Wyoming area, we encountered an engine issue on our motorhome. We eventually stalled, at a rest area on Interstate I 74 east, approximately 21 miles south of Moline, Illinois

We called a tow truck and had our rig towed to Anytime Truck & Trailer Repair, Milan, Illinois.

When the truck was towed into the facility the mechanics engaged the starter and the V10 engine roared back to life.

His immediate diagnosis, water in the fuel.

While they drained the water, we went to lunch approximately 1 mile from the garage. Upon our return we found the garage fully engulfed in fire. https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=102 ... 0424737576

We lost all of our gear and clothing in the fire.

Fortunately, the heads and meat from six mule deer and six Pronghorn Antelope were stored (in a freezer (attached to a single axle trailer) outside the radius of the fire, along with our UTV.

Due to the grace of God, none of us were injured and two shop employees suffered minor burns.

Now the hunt begins for another Born Free, preferably with a slide out.

Bill
whemme

Re: Death of our Beloved Born Free

Post by whemme »

Really sorry to hear about your loss.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
John S.

Re: Death of our Beloved Born Free

Post by John S. »

Sorry to hear this. BTW I am in Winchester Too. I think I used to see your coach on the street when I would be running around town.
2015 Royal Splendor on Ford 550 none slide version
Former owner 2007 24foot rear bath painted and 2006 22 foot built for two
Former owner 1994 34 foot 2000 36 foot and 2001 42 foot FORETRAVEL's.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”