floor lamp

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Angus

floor lamp

Post by Angus »

Over the years I notice that I need more and more good lighting to be able to sew by hand, which I like so much. I'm going to buy a floor lamp for installation next to the sofa. I would like something bright enough to help with my poor eyesight. I am shocked by all the choices and hope that you, good ladies, will have some experience to help me narrow down my choices. I think I want 24 watts or even more. Thank you in advance.
whemme

Re: floor lamp

Post by whemme »

How are going to power this floor lamp? Using 110 vac power while plugged into shoreline power or by running your generator? A 24 watt normal incandescent type lamp will not be bright enough to improve your lighting much. A floor lamp with a 24 watt or higher LED type bulb would be much brighter.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
jlef123

Re: floor lamp

Post by jlef123 »

If you are close to an IKEA store try them. They have several excellent choices for floor lamps. I recently purchased this one https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/nymane-flo ... -60336783/ to use in my home it has a dimmer so that the light can be adjusted to your needs. It only works on 110 V and you would have to lay it down on the floor while traveling. Price is reasonable.
Joel & Sandy
2002 26' RB
2015 27' Splendor
2020 Coachmen Beyond

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”