Turn Signal audio enhancer

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Jim Hofmann

Turn Signal audio enhancer

Post by Jim Hofmann »

I owned 2 Born Frees in the past. Both were diesels. On the second one, I could not hear the "clicker" when the turn signal was operating. About that time the man with all the answers, Bill Hemme , posted a fix with an audio enhancer from Radio Shack.
My problem today is the same, except the signal is in my Honda CRV toad. I have searched Radio Shack and this web site for this item. It is probably in front of my nose, but if Bill is reading this and can steer me in the right direction, I would again be appreciative of his great efforts on our behalf.

Jim Hofmann
whemme

Re: Turn Signal audio enhancer

Post by whemme »

Jim,

Radio Shack is is still in business in some locations. Also the link in my original post on this subject in the Coach Modifications section of this forum no longer works.

A link to the Radio Shack buzzer P/N 2730794 at a cost of $5.49 follows:
https://www.radioshack.com/products/rad ... 92a5&_ss=r

However, I would now recommend a Mallory P/N SC628LR Sonalert. Since I made that original post 14 years ago, I can't remember the actual wiring hookup but you hookup the Sonolert to the vehicle's turn signal relay, across the two relay terminals that have volt on them when a turn signal is activated. Hope this helps.

One is available from DigiKey for $22.95 at the following link: https://www.digikey.com/en/products/det ... LR/1957925
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
mike&linda

Post by mike&linda »

I would have a talk with your Honda dealer about this problem. Cars have evolved far beyond adding a buzzer to the new computer control systems, that are used to run all the bells and whistles they contain. I think the car will turn off the blinker after a while anyway. Let us know what the dealer comes up with. I assuming the turn signal switch mechanical cancel is working.
1990 26' RSB Diesel
whemme

Post by whemme »

whemme wrote:Jim,

Radio Shack is is still in business in some locations. Also the link in my original post on this subject in the Coach Modifications section of this forum no longer works.

A link to the Radio Shack buzzer P/N 2730794 at a cost of $5.49 follows:
https://www.radioshack.com/products/rad ... 92a5&_ss=r

However, I would now recommend a Mallory P/N SC628LR Sonalert. Since I made that original post 14 years ago, I can't remember the actual wiring hookup but you hookup the Sonolert to the vehicle's turn signal relay, across the two relay terminals that have volt on them when a turn signal is activated. Hope this helps.

One is available from DigiKey for $22.95 at the following link: https://www.digikey.com/en/products/det ... LR/1957925
The topic titled CAN'T HEAR THAT THE FORD E-350/E-450 TURN SIGNALS ARE ON? in the Coach Modification section has been updated to fix the problem with the previous inoperative URL link.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
mike&linda

Post by mike&linda »

Bill, the Honda is the one with the problem not the Ford van. Has I stated in my answer the new cars are now computer controlled much more difficult to modify, that's why I suggested the dealer.
1990 26' RSB Diesel

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”