Replace Norcold unit with Amish Unit

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Brent

Replace Norcold unit with Amish Unit

Post by Brent »

The cooling unit on my 99’ Norcold (n641) refrigerator is done. Rather than a new refrigerator I’m thinking of this product - hopefully higher quality. Does any one have any experience or knowledge of this company/product?
Thank you
Brent

https://jc-refrigeration.com/
Bornfree (1999 Rear Kitchen)
Traveling with Chester (The Boxer) - at least in spirit
Trix

Re: Replace Norcold unit with Amish Unit

Post by Trix »

I had a frig problem last year so was looking at these units and talking to folks I know that have them. Turns out they are wonderful if you can go to Indiana and have jc-refrig install it, but DON'T have one shipped. Laying them down on their side for shipping will likely require lots of fiddly adjusting afterwards to get it to perform properly.
Trix
tent camper
pop-up camper
learning RV'g in my 2007 24' RB
2011 Subaru Forester toad
Brent

Post by Brent »

Thank you! I was debating on shipping but have decided if I can’t go fo an install I’ll pass
Bornfree (1999 Rear Kitchen)
Traveling with Chester (The Boxer) - at least in spirit
pfsweets

Post by pfsweets »

I used JC refrigeration and had the unit sent to California. My brother in law and myself installed it. The company is very good at answering questions you have during install. Works great. Installed almost 3 years ago and still working great.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”