Two Born Frees in same camp

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

tomzleapin

Two Born Frees in same camp

Post by tomzleapin »

Born Free sightings are quite rare so what are the odds of two in the same camp boondocking in south Florida?
The coach to the right is mine and the other belongs to Pat aka deanpscott. He purchased his coach from a member on this forum.
Tom
2005 24' RB
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
New Hope, MN
stevek

Re: Two Born Frees in same camp

Post by stevek »

Great pic. Thanks
If anyone is interested in upgrading, there is a Born Free Triumph 26 for sale on RVtrader/ the same chassis w/ only 12k miles for $150K.
Plus a 2016 w/ Ford chassis/ 6000 miles/ for only $99K on RVtrader.
Last edited by stevek on Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border
John S.

Post by John S. »

Love my BF on the F550. It is amazing
2015 Royal Splendor on Ford 550 none slide version
Former owner 2007 24foot rear bath painted and 2006 22 foot built for two
Former owner 1994 34 foot 2000 36 foot and 2001 42 foot FORETRAVEL's.
harrisgowing

Post by harrisgowing »

I have a question regarding the Ford F550 truck in the photo and the one owned by John. We also have a coach with the 2015 Ford F550 and have had nothing but trouble since the first year with the service engine warning light. The coach has been serviced 5 times for the problem, at least twice with portions of the emissions system replaced under warranty. In March of 2020, 3 weeks after another repair, the light came on again with a warning that the engine would shut down in 50 miles! Fortunately we were only a few hours from home, found a Ford dealer and could unload all of our stuff and the dog into the car and leave the coach. On the way home from MI this fall, blasted light came on again. We decided to keep going and light went out. 1,000 miles later, it is on again and we are taking it in again. We have tried all if the trouble shooting to no avail. Any experience with this issue? Thanks!

Judy Harris
Chuck and Judy Harris
Oliver and Monty, the Cavaliers at the Rainbow Bridge; Timothy Dickens, the Cavalier puppy
2004 RSB
2015 Royal Splendor
Santana tandem bicycle
John S.

Post by John S. »

harrisgowing wrote:I have a question regarding the Ford F550 truck in the photo and the one owned by John. We also have a coach with the 2015 Ford F550 and have had nothing but trouble since the first year with the service engine warning light. The coach has been serviced 5 times for the problem, at least twice with portions of the emissions system replaced under warranty. In March of 2020, 3 weeks after another repair, the light came on again with a warning that the engine would shut down in 50 miles! Fortunately we were only a few hours from home, found a Ford dealer and could unload all of our stuff and the dog into the car and leave the coach. On the way home from MI this fall, blasted light came on again. We decided to keep going and light went out. 1,000 miles later, it is on again and we are taking it in again. We have tried all if the trouble shooting to no avail. Any experience with this issue? Thanks!

Judy Harris
I have not had this issue but emission issues are quite common. I know the sprinters have a lot of them in earlier years.

I would try a different Ford truck place
2015 Royal Splendor on Ford 550 none slide version
Former owner 2007 24foot rear bath painted and 2006 22 foot built for two
Former owner 1994 34 foot 2000 36 foot and 2001 42 foot FORETRAVEL's.
harrisgowing

Post by harrisgowing »

Thanks, John. Just had it “fixed” again, over $500 and light just came on again. 5 different Ford dealers and 2 truck places have tried to fix it. Will try to find someone at Ford corporate to talk to. Right now it is pretty worthless. Can’t drive it far and sure can’t sell it. Very disappointing.
Chuck and Judy Harris
Oliver and Monty, the Cavaliers at the Rainbow Bridge; Timothy Dickens, the Cavalier puppy
2004 RSB
2015 Royal Splendor
Santana tandem bicycle

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”