The mystery of my reduced propane pressure

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

tomzleapin

The mystery of my reduced propane pressure

Post by tomzleapin »

My problem started about two months ago. I have a propane Buddy Heater that is plumbed into the low pressure just below my cooktop. The heater worked fine until I lit a burner on my cooktop. The pilot flame for the heater would reduce and shortly would shut off. I also noticed that when I lit a second burner on the cooktop the burner flame would reduce. And my furnace would not work. I concluded that my propane regulator was shot. After installing a new one there was no change. It appeared that there was a blockage in the line somewhere. I disconnected the line under the fridge and blew air through the line and it was okay. I then disconnected the hose from under the coach where it connects to the steel pipe going to the regulator and found that the hose was blocked. I was just about ready to order a new hose when I noticed that the upper mounting for my passenger side air bag was broken and it had pinched the propane hose. Luckily I am staying with a friend and his neighbor has a welder. I removed the bracket and welded it up and all is good. I didn't take any photos but another member on the forum had the same problem with the air bag. I was very lucky that the propane hose wasn't severed. The outcome would not have been pretty. So, you folks that have air bags make sure to check them periodically.

Here's a link to a post from Mike & Jean Bandfield that shows the problem:
https://www.bornfreervclub.org/bulletin ... f=4&t=5702
Tom
2005 24' RB
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
New Hope, MN
John S.

Re: The mystery of my reduced propane pressure

Post by John S. »

Thanks for posting this. It is something to check
2015 Royal Splendor on Ford 550 none slide version
Former owner 2007 24foot rear bath painted and 2006 22 foot built for two
Former owner 1994 34 foot 2000 36 foot and 2001 42 foot FORETRAVEL's.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”