Fogged up windows

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

midnightpumpkin

Fogged up windows

Post by midnightpumpkin »

Our 2010 22RSK has fog between the panes of the windows. I have read on another forum that the inner glass can be removed from the inside of the coach without disasembling the window. From other reading the dual pane windows do not provide much insulating value over a single pane window considering the frames are aluminum and there is no thermal barrier from the outside of the window frame to the inside.
Having said that, has anyone on this forum had any experience with permanently removing the inner window pane to clear the fog? I am interested to hear your thoughts as this seems to be a common problem with dual pane RV windows.
John U
jlef123

Re: Fogged up windows

Post by jlef123 »

I do not have any experience with removing the inner glass pane on the dual pane windows. All the Hehr windows on my 2015 Splendor became fogged. I had them all removed, cleaned and resealed last February. The job was done by Auto Glass Boss who operates mobile in Arizona, California, Florida and Indiana. I can not attest to the lasting quality of their work. The glass is now clear and the windows do not leak. They did the job in a little more than 1 day while I was at the SEA FMCA rally in Lakeland, FL. They gave me a lifetime warranty on workmanship. There price was much less than the Hudson, FL glass company that has you come to their shop and their process takes 2 or 3 days.
Joel & Sandy
2002 26' RB
2015 27' Splendor
2020 Coachmen Beyond
John S.

Post by John S. »

We had single Paine glass on one coach and they were prone to a lot of condensation.
2015 Royal Splendor on Ford 550 none slide version
Former owner 2007 24foot rear bath painted and 2006 22 foot built for two
Former owner 1994 34 foot 2000 36 foot and 2001 42 foot FORETRAVEL's.
WardPAW

Post by WardPAW »

Joel,

Please provide the contact information for Auto Glass Boss in Florida. We have a couple of windows that need repair.

Thank you.
Ben Ward
2005 26 RSB, Diesel
RV Name: Lion PAW
jlef123

Post by jlef123 »

Auto Glass Boss, 9417 E. Main St. Mesa, AZ 85207 Office Phone number 480-962-3886. The guy who did the work is Eddie Sarten and his cell phone number is 480-512-2416. Last year he was based out of Lakeland, FL in the winter and in the summer he moved to Indiana. Autoglassboss.com
Joel & Sandy
2002 26' RB
2015 27' Splendor
2020 Coachmen Beyond
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

My windows fogged on the 1999 we had, replaced almost all of them. It wasn’t cheap.
Cathy
Our Puggle Pudge
Brussels Griffon Sally
Cairn Terrier Ellie
Max our Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
2005 Gulfstream BT Cruiser (former BF owner)

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”