Overall height E450 with ducted air conditioning.

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

midnightpumpkin

Overall height E450 with ducted air conditioning.

Post by midnightpumpkin »

Does anyone know the overall height of the coaches built on the E450 with ducted air conditioning. My 2010 22RSK is 118.5 inches, the ducted air has to be taller.
Thanks
John U
whemme

Re: Overall height E450 with ducted air conditioning.

Post by whemme »

From the Sales Brochure for 2014 & 2015 Born Free models posted elsewhere on this forum, an RSK built on the E450 chassis has a maximum height of 10’ (120”) - not higher than your 118.5” height.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

I measured mine. 10 feet 6 inches. Most often when traveling I consider 11 feet my minimum.

As an aside, the first time I entered Canada the entry point had height measurement in meters. I panicked and approached slowly as I had only a rough idea of the conversion of 10 ft 6 in to meters. I quickly then converted height, width, length and weigh to exact metric (with a bit extra to be safe) and posted them on my dashboard!
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

Oops! I missed the word “ducted”. My apologies to Bill. I do not have an answer. However I can speculate. The cab over would be the tallest point in a ducted system whereas the roof air unit is the tallest point on mine so there would be a difference. What that would be I have no idea.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”