OutBack converter Model

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Dogweaver

OutBack converter Model

Post by Dogweaver »

I have an Outback converter in my 2016 Jewel. Mounting underside makes it difficult to tell which model. I know BF started using OutBack 2000Watt, pure sine sealed converters in 2014 with them mounted under the chassis. Does anyone know the exact model they used? Unfortunately I have all the manuals but they do not give a specific model.
shilohdad

Re: OutBack converter Model

Post by shilohdad »

We have a 2017 Spirit built on a 2016 chassis that was built in the August/September 2016 time frame. Our inverter is an Outback FX2012MT. Given your coach is a 2016, your Outback unit may well be the same. We had to have ours replaced in 2017, as the charger part stopped charging, as it was not detecting proper input voltage. It turns out one of the input wires was not properly clamped down, causing arcing and eventual failure. Of course this occurred right as Born Free was going under, so we could not get reimbursed via warranty.
Joe and Lucinda
Tonto, Meadow and Shadow, the papillons
Shiloh and Morpho at Rainbow Bridge
2017 Spirit
Formerly 2006 24RB

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”