Any good old advice on what BF to purchase.

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Jrosa55

Any good old advice on what BF to purchase.

Post by Jrosa55 »

I'm new to the forum. It's just the wife and myself. But you never know if the grandkids or the adult daughter will show up.
The small 24 footers just have a couch.
The 26 and larger have the side bed or a full queen bed.
77k is my limit. How about v10 versus diesel.
I know a 33 foot RV's are huge
but the comforts of home
are priceless. I had a 32ft Imagine trailer. All that space was a nice option. Help me decide.
Octomonkey

Re: Any good old advice on what BF to purchase.

Post by Octomonkey »

how will you be using it? weekends or short trips? or cross country travel? how many nights a year would you be in it and what kind of camping do you like to do? Are you ok with having only "one side" access to the bed, so one of you is doing the crawl-over?

One thing I can add: We have a 22 foot travel trailer (with a slide out) and we've been looking at a 22 foot BF. We thought it would seem tiny since we are "losing" some of the footage to the driving space and there is no slide out. But it feels bigger in the BF than in our trailer.
John S.

Post by John S. »

We went with a royal splendor on the f550. If it is not an f pickup I would Sarah with the e450. We are the 27 foot. But measures out at 29.5 due to the pickup. I have gone everywhere my 24 foot rear bath went. We traded after it was getting old climbing up into the bunk. Love our coach and sold our 42 foot foretravel and don’t really miss it.
2015 Royal Splendor on Ford 550 none slide version
Former owner 2007 24foot rear bath painted and 2006 22 foot built for two
Former owner 1994 34 foot 2000 36 foot and 2001 42 foot FORETRAVEL's.
Jrosa55

Post by Jrosa55 »

The splendor is a dream come thru.
Is it a diesel? I would have to go with a bed of some type. Jackknife couches or over cab just don't cut it.
I want something that I won't need to upgrade.
26 ft. or bigger. A 25ft with a bed would be great. It just that BF doesn't make one. Unless you go with the Mercedes chassis . But they're over 100k.
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

I have the 26ft rear side bed. The bed isn’t wide enough to sleep two adults. My wife sleeps in the rear bed and I sleep in the cabover bed. It is large and comfortable with a foam topper. I also travel only with my dog and I then use the cabover bed for additional storage. For me it has been the ideal MH. You may not know that Born Free also offered a dinette option that made into a bed in lieu of the typical two chairs and pull up table. Just for the record I’ll note that RV beds are really misidentified. A RV standard is smaller than a standard for the home and an RV queen is smaller than a queen for the home.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
John S.

Post by John S. »

the two of us sleep in the corner rear bed. It is tight but it leaves the couch free for any grands that come but they are getting older now.
2015 Royal Splendor on Ford 550 none slide version
Former owner 2007 24foot rear bath painted and 2006 22 foot built for two
Former owner 1994 34 foot 2000 36 foot and 2001 42 foot FORETRAVEL's.
smitchel

Post by smitchel »

Dallas Baillio wrote:I have the 26ft rear side bed. The bed isn’t wide enough to sleep two adults. My wife sleeps in the rear bed and I sleep in the cabover bed. It is large and comfortable with a foam topper. I also travel only with my dog and I then use the cabover bed for additional storage. For me it has been the ideal MH. You may not know that Born Free also offered a dinette option that made into a bed in lieu of the typical two chairs and pull up table. Just for the record I’ll note that RV beds are really misidentified. A RV standard is smaller than a standard for the home and an RV queen is smaller than a queen for the home.
Regarding that dinette option....our BF Bed and Breakfast has this and it is really comfortable, as good as any bed I've ever slept on. Space enough for two and an easy set up.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”