Switch on left side of battery compartment

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Bill Erhardt

Switch on left side of battery compartment

Post by Bill Erhardt »

How gang,

I just put in new batteries on my 2005 Elagance RSB and noticed a switch on the left side of the chassi battery compartment. I looked everywhere in the manuals and nothing. It says Normal and ON. Help please as I am not sure of its purpose ?

Bill Erhardt
Attachments
Batteries.JPG
Batteries.JPG (139.66 KiB) Viewed 1971 times
Mike Jean Bandfield

Re: Switch on left side of battery compartment

Post by Mike Jean Bandfield »

Bill, our 2004 RSB has no such switch. It is likely an old add-on by a previous owner. The empty bracket in the upper right corner indicates other add-ons have come and gone over the years. I would trace the wires (if any are still attached to the switch); their destination would likely be a clue even if the device is no longer there. The empty bracket and the nomenclature on the switch makes me think there used to be a battery monitor in the compartment and the switch is "momentary" - meaning it had to be held in the 'on' position to turn on a voltmeter/battery monitor/fuses/accessories/etc attached to the bracket. Just my guess. YMMV.
Mike & Jean
2005 26' RSS Diesel

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”