120 V Electrical Problem

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Barneyfife5

120 V Electrical Problem

Post by Barneyfife5 »

Yesterday I purchased a new to us 2004 RBR26. So far it's a wonderful coach but there is no 120V to the outlet in the cabinet behind the TV and DVR player. All breakers are set and there are no other outlets that that I've found don't work. In the past I have found the there is usually a CGI hidden some where that feeds power to the bad outlet. If so I can't find it. Can anyone help me locate the problem. This outlet is in the cabinet on the left of the entry door, next to the refrigerator. It appears to be fed through the outside outlets but the are getting power.

Any help would be appreciated.
whemme

Re: 120 V Electrical Problem

Post by whemme »

First suggestion would be to ask the former owner about it. Second thought is that outlet may be powered from an inverter hidden somewhere that is turned off.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
Barneyfife5

Post by Barneyfife5 »

Thanks for the quick reply. The previous owner is deceased. His son knows nothing about the coach. Don't think there is an inverter.

Where would I look for an inverter.
whemme

Post by whemme »

If the former owner installed an inverter after market, he could have mounted it in any number of locations. Is your TV powered from that dead outlet? If so, the inverter would allow you to run your TV from coach battery power without the need to be plugged into shoreline power to get 120 vac to run TV.

You say your coach is a RBR26R, do you mean 26RB?
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
Barneyfife5

Post by Barneyfife5 »

Just returned home from out summer trip and starting to work on the BF again. I now find both the TV outlet in the cabinet and the outside outlet have no power. Is there a hidden GFCI for the outside circuit? I know the outlets are all on a GFCI breaker in the power center but I would think there would be additional GFCI protection for the bathroom and sink area. Any ideas???

RE: an inverter. I can find no sign of an inverter. if there was one is there any likely spot for its installation? I will be putting one in at some point when I get the solar installed..
Barneyfife5

Post by Barneyfife5 »

Oh, and thanks for trying to help.
lassen

Post by lassen »

We have a 2005 24RB. Our inverter is in bottom cabinet under kitchen counter.

Jack........
Jack & Jan
2005 24RB

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”