Clay with a Catalyst ?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

stevek

Clay with a Catalyst ?

Post by stevek »

The previous owner of my BF, left me with a bag of goodies.

One item he left was a green colored tube about 3/4 inch dia, 3 1/2 long with a core of separate material inside.
The core was the catalyst. You would squeeze/ mix it all together until you had a "ball of clay".
Say you poked a hole in your black tank, you could use the "clay" to patch the hole. And with the catalyst mixed in, The ball of clay would set up hard.

I have the item in question. But its all dried up. Just to lazy to take a pic and post. But could email someone?
Anybody have any idea what it is? Name? And where I could buy. Would be good to carry in my BF.
Thanks.
Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border
Bob Proctor

Re: Clay with a Catalyst ?

Post by Bob Proctor »

It sounds like a stick of J-B Weld epoxy, which comes in various types for repairing different materials (metal, plastic, wood, etc.). You can buy it at ACE Hardware and probably at almost any other hardware store.
2002 24RB
stevek

Re: Clay with a Catalyst ?

Post by stevek »

Thanks Bob. I will check it out, next time I go to Lowes or HD.
Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”