Outdoor shower mixing valve

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Photobug

Outdoor shower mixing valve

Post by Photobug »

My outdoor shower's mixing valve is leaking. When I bought it last winter and drove it home it might have been exposed to freezing conditions before had the chance to drain the shower system.

The valve is a one piece system with a silver knob that rotates to adjust temp and goes back and forth to adjust pressure. Does anyone know if this valve is repairable or replaceable with the same valve? If I am not able to get a new one of the same valve, can someone suggest a method of replacing the system to stop the leaking?
cmeadows

Re: Outdoor shower mixing valve

Post by cmeadows »

Here's a few links to look at if this is the valve that you have. I've not had to repair one, but it might only need a new cartridge.

10419 Replacement Valve Cartridge:
https://www.scandvik.com/index.cfm?meth ... ductID=482

Factory info on valve:
https://www.scandvik.com/index.cfm?meth ... oductID=82

New valve on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Scandvik-10617P- ... B086CBZRZW
Chuck & Laura Meadows
'99 24RB PSD
Photobug

Post by Photobug »

Thanks for the info. Glad to know they are still made and that Born Free uses high end marine parts. I just wish it was not $120. I have found a source for $95. Still at that price I will take apart the valve and look at the cartridge before I order a new part.

Thanks again.

On the plus side. I now know why I used water faster than I expected on a 4 night trip. I think the shower valve leaked out some water everytime the system was pressurized.
midnightpumpkin

Post by midnightpumpkin »

Our 2010 22 RSK uses Moen water valves throughout, cartridges are $15 at any hardware or home depot. The OP did not say what year or model his coach is.
Photobug

Post by Photobug »

midnightpumpkin wrote:Our 2010 22 RSK uses Moen water valves throughout, cartridges are $15 at any hardware or home depot. The OP did not say what year or model his coach is.

Mine is a 2009 Born Free 22. Rear door with over cab sleeping.

Do you have a picture of the Moen valve?
Attachments
20210726_161303-6.jpg
20210726_161303-6.jpg (72.06 KiB) Viewed 3290 times
midnightpumpkin

Post by midnightpumpkin »

Photobug wrote:
midnightpumpkin wrote:Our 2010 22 RSK uses Moen water valves throughout, cartridges are $15 at any hardware or home depot. The OP did not say what year or model his coach is.

The valve in your picture is the same as I have, it is no doubt the Scanvdik valve referenced in the previous post. My coach does have shutoff valves in the lines going to the shower valve, so you may have an option to just shut the outside shower off until you can get a replacement for it. Looks like the cartridge is $27 on the Scandvik website.
Photobug

Post by Photobug »

midnightpumpkin wrote:
Photobug wrote:

The valve in your picture is the same as I have, it is no doubt the Scanvdik valve referenced in the previous post. My coach does have shutoff valves in the lines going to the shower valve, so you may have an option to just shut the outside shower off until you can get a replacement for it. Looks like the cartridge is $27 on the Scandvik website.

I have had trouble taking the valve apart. I would like to get inside to see if it looks like the cartridge or the whole valve is bad.

For now I have shut off the lines to the valve, why I figure it out. I would like to have it work but don't see me needing to take a shower outside anytime soon.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”