Replacement gasket or caulk around Hawk scare light?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Suerenity

Replacement gasket or caulk around Hawk scare light?

Post by Suerenity »

Does anyone know of a place to buy a replacement gasket for the exterior Hawk scare light on a 2012 24RB? I’ve searched with no success other than a website called 2040-parts.com which looks sketchy. In lieu of a gasket replacement, is there an alternative such as removing the dried out gasket and just caulking? I seem to recall reading somewhere that silicone caulk shouldn’t be used on fiberglass? I welcome any advice as to what would be the best solution.
Thanks in advance for sharing your wisdom.
Susan
Suerenity
2012 24RB “The Breeze”
whemme

Re: Replacement gasket or caulk around Hawk scare light?

Post by whemme »

Never heard of a Hawk scare light. More description please.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
Suerenity

Re: Replacement gasket or caulk around Hawk scare light?

Post by Suerenity »

Hi Bill. Thanks for your reply. I assume Hawk is the manufacturer as it’s the name printed on the light. It’s the exterior light to the left of the door as you’re facing the entry and above the Born Free lucite grab handle. Hawk calls it a “scare” light. Part ITC81760-D.
Suerenity
2012 24RB “The Breeze”

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”