Battery box wiring

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Bobandcodyz

Battery box wiring

Post by Bobandcodyz »

I have what I hope is a simple question. I bought my Born Free 26 foot unit a little over a year ago. Since the Covid, I did not get to use it last summer or winter. So when I parked it I did not take a picture of the battery wiring in the battery box. I only had one battery in the box. There are 3 cables in the battery box. A short black one , a short red one and a longer black one that I believe goes to the shut of in the step well on the driver side. The wiring diagram says the wire to the shut off should come off the positive side. Is that correct? Thanks for your help.
whemme

Re: Battery box wiring

Post by whemme »

Bobandcodyz wrote:I have what I hope is a simple question. I bought my Born Free 26 foot unit a little over a year ago. Since the Covid, I did not get to use it last summer or winter. So when I parked it I did not take a picture of the battery wiring in the battery box. I only had one battery in the box. There are 3 cables in the battery box. A short black one , a short red one and a longer black one that I believe goes to the shut of in the step well on the driver side. The wiring diagram says the wire to the shut off should come off the positive side. Is that correct? Thanks for your help.
Yes, that is correct. Use an ohmmeter to check which one of the 3 cables is connected to chassis frame ground. That cable should be connected to your battery -terminal. The other 2 cables need to be connected to your battery +terminal
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”