Foggy Windows

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

L Atwood

Foggy Windows

Post by L Atwood »

I have a 28' 2009 Born Free, RSB with 3 foggy windows in need of repair.
I contacted one of the FOGGY WINDOW repair companies and they want to know
if my window are "flush mount or glued in" ???
Does anyone know the answer to this concerning how the windows of a Born Free are installed? :D
shilohdad

Re: Foggy Windows

Post by shilohdad »

It might help if you posted photos of your windows, both interior and exterior, as various types of windows were used by Born Free. Our 2006 24RB had sliding windows. Our 2017 Spirit (24RB) has crankout windows. However, I don’t really know if either ones were flush mount or glued, but other members might know if they saw photos.
Joe and Lucinda
Tonto, Meadow and Shadow, the papillons
Shiloh and Morpho at Rainbow Bridge
2017 Spirit
Formerly 2006 24RB
jlef123

Re: Foggy Windows

Post by jlef123 »

Not sure when Born Free switched to a flush mount window but they are easy to identify. The window glass covers the entire opening for the window and sticks out about 1/4 inch from the body. The lower portion of the window opens with a top mounted hinge and swings out. The hinge can let about 1/3rd of the glass area to swing out or a bit larger on newer coaches. This swing out feature prevents most rain from entering the coach. You can not see the window frame from the outside of the coach only the glass. The "glued in" windows usually have the window open by sliding it or with a crank.
Joel & Sandy
2002 26' RB
2015 27' Splendor
2020 Coachmen Beyond

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”