Black Water Holding Tank Replacement

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Hazel's-Keeper

Black Water Holding Tank Replacement

Post by Hazel's-Keeper »

Hi all, new to the forums.

I have a 21' BFFT and may need to replace the black tank. My questions are does anyone know if the toilet flange and vent stack are glued in or installed with slip grommets. In my manual there is a loose page that shows it to be a 24 gallon tank that just the toilet feeds. It also shows that both sinks and the shower have a separate gray tank. I have not been underneath to confirm this. I did read in some of the posts that the lav and I assume shower drained into the black. If anyone has hands on experience with this I'd love to hear from them.
Brent

Re: Black Water Holding Tank Replacement

Post by Brent »

I’ll share my experience, it may not be the same as your coach. Mine is a 99’ RK 23’. Only the toilet runs into the black tank. All others drain to the grey tank. I can’t answer your questions on the vents. I’ve had the outlet pipe of the black tank break loose and repaired it with plastic welding, rather than tank replacement. It was an inexpensive solution.
Bornfree (1999 Rear Kitchen)
Traveling with Chester (The Boxer) - at least in spirit

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”