Water leak under shower in 24" Rear Bath

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

VirginiaRichard

Water leak under shower in 24" Rear Bath

Post by VirginiaRichard »

I just dewinterized our 2007 24 foot Rear bath Born Free. The water pump cycled after finishing with all faucets shut off. Discovered the water was dripping outside the vehicle just below the shower area. Unfortunately, although much of the water plumbing is accessible that does not apply to the area under the rear shower. Does anyone know how to access that area without caused major damage? Does the exterior hatch in the middle of the rear above the bumper come out? That appears to be only possibility to me. Thanks.
whemme

Re: Water leak under shower in 24" Rear Bath

Post by whemme »

There is no fresh water plumbing located under the shower to leak. Instead open the compartment door on the far left side of the coach which will expose the hot and cold water hose connections feeding your shower faucet. I bet you will find the leak there. Try tightening both the hot and cold water hose connections. If that does not stop the leak then probably what happened during the winterization process sufficient pink antifreeze did not enter your shower faucet and the faucet assembly will need to be replaced.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”