I can't find the round ON/OFF battery disconnect Sw.

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

tedelman

I can't find the round ON/OFF battery disconnect Sw.

Post by tedelman »

Does my '92 26'r BF RB even have a on/off disconnect sw.? I've owned the rig for ~ 6 months. Didn't see one . My house batteries worked for a while, starting the Generator after a few cranks. Now they don't any more. No problem with Engine starts. The generator's selenoid can be heard clicking but there doesn't seem to be enough power to start gen. ?? I'm flying to Las Vegas on Nov 29th(long story) and have a appt. with Double Eagle RV Repair to look at problem unless I figure something else out. :roll:
Oh Eagle is also looking into a Black water tank leak. They have a plastic welder, if needed, to fix that problem. :cry:
Please at least wish me luck :o) :lol:
Tom :arrow: Very Happy BF owner
CANDE

I can not find a round ON/OFF disconnect switch

Post by CANDE »

We had a '94 BF RB, it had a relay at the front ford battery, that was activated by a push button near the kitchen sink. It also had a battery voltage meter near the generator start switch. If you have this setup you would not have the big round black knob. If you want to find or see if you have a big round knob switch and can get under your BF start looking for a foot long object which large wires leading to and from it, this is your isolator switch. This separates the house batteries from the Ford battery. The big round know switch should be attached to one of these wires so follow the wires and see where they go. This isolator switch should be located on the underside of the BF centered side to side and near the drivers seat fore and aft. Hope this helps.

C & E Freye
Ed and Carol Freye
2016 Born Free 29' Splendor
Towing a 2014 Mini Cooper Coupe
bcope01

Re: I can't find the round ON/OFF battery disconnect Sw.

Post by bcope01 »

tedelman wrote:Does my '92 26'r BF RB even have a on/off disconnect sw.?
Tom, suggest you give Kim Olson, Born Free Customer Service, a call. Kim can be reached at 1-800-247-1835.

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
lassen

Post by lassen »

Tom....Are you wishing for luck in fixing the BF problems or for the trip to Vegas?

We had a 92 26RB and the round Battery cut-off switch was located inside the drivers door in the stepwell.

Jack...
Jack & Jan
2005 24RB
tedelman

Charge SW

Post by tedelman »

Well folks thanks for the info. I'll print your comments out and look around for a fix. Wish me luck on finding the problem and/or doing good on the slots. Hey maybe I can win enough to have the problem solved by the repair shop. :D
My best,
Tom e
tedelman

I'll be Dry Camping

Post by tedelman »

Didn't mention to you folks that I'll be dry camping after my LV fixes are done. I'll be alone in the desert of Southern Ca till around the end of March and/or dependant on the weather. I'll be on BLM land at a place off interstate 8 called "Desert Hot Spring". If in the area stop in and BS about these BFs or what-have-ya.
GPS N43 14.122'
W77 26.689'
Good Travels to all,
Tom Edelman
NY plates
26' BF 1992
tedelman

My Final Solution and answers to my Battery problem

Post by tedelman »

Ok -A repair shop in LV found a blown 40 amp fuse in engine compartment. They replaced the fuse. Shortly down the highway there was again No charge from alt. "I "found that the fuse replaced was suppose to be a "60" AMP FUSE :x Next "I" found that the generator would Not run. This was due to an air leak in the gas hose. "I" replaced the hose as far back to the main gas tank (~6')and By-Passed the turn-off valve ((I couldn't figure out how to replace hose from engine inlet to value thru frame) A "nock out" in frame gave me direct access to Gen gas hose connection). Then I found the House Batteries cells not all that great. I omited the front house battery by conecting Positive leads together. The rear was replaced with a ($147) sealed 12V cell Interstate battery (in Quartzsite @ Discount Solar). Now ALL my electrical problems are solved. Oh, Why didn't I do all this in the first place--- I've got many vertebrate in my back that are soooo bad but I figured that it was time to put mind over matter and fix things MYself and take the Pain. I'm still in pain but my wallet and '92 RB BF are doing much better.
Tom e
PS Now who can I trust to replace my Black Water Tank? :roll:

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”