Cold Weather RV living

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

LeAnn

Cold Weather RV living

Post by LeAnn »

We are looking for ideas regarding cold weather RV living. We are familiar with 5th wheel "artic package options" and wondered if anyone has made additions, alterations to their BF to accomodate cold weather in northern climates. We have discussed the addition of antifreeze, etc. but wondered if anyone had added: additional insulation, etc. We are attempting to compile a list of ideas and talking with the company about possible customization options. Northern states and Canadian travel in fall and spring sometimes find us in very cold conditions. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

LeAnn Zogg
North Dakota :D
w5vthdonb

Winter in a BF

Post by w5vthdonb »

Last year the only problem I saw on the 26 Ft RSB was the drain for the shower extends out in the open. After we used the shower I would put some antifreeze (red type used for the water system) in the drain. While camped we would keep the Black water tank closed till we were ready to depart and we did put some anti freeze in that tank also. The other tank we just left open. Our shower is heater from the furnace. . We kepted the lower cabinets open at night and used a electric ceramic heater. The furnace was kepted low with the shower door open, and hardly came on. We kept the fresh water tank full, and just used the internal tank
Don
LeAnn

Canadian web site for camping information

Post by LeAnn »

http://www.camping-canada.com/Winter_rving_e.asp

This is one that has alot of good information with regard to Canada - this is one link within the information.

I am still reading two or three RV books before I recommend them. I'd like to be certain of the information before suggesting or recommending.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”