Single Travelers?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Brent

Single Travelers?

Post by Brent »

I'm just curious, and maybe I'm the only one that would be curious.

I try to go to the Born Free events or club events that are practical (I live in Florida). I would be hard pressed to say how many events that might be, but it is a bunch.

I can only remember one time I've not been the only single traveler at the event.

Yet when I read the posts I get the impression that many single Born Free travelers are out there.

Just curious, maybe no one will post; are there others in the club? Do you go to club events, travel much, etc.?
Bornfree (1999 Rear Kitchen)
Traveling with Chester (The Boxer) - at least in spirit
Ann P

single travelers

Post by Ann P »

I'm a solo BF full-timer. I met up with my first BF group for a little while in Quartzsite this past weekend. It did look like they were all couples, mostly older than 60, and probably not full-timers. There is a link on this website that has pictures and stories of past rallies. From that and what I've read in Coach Chatter,BF people seem to be mostly couples who vacation but that's probably true for most RVs, isn't it? . I would love to meet more BF owners but if I want to meet solo RVers, my best bet is the Escapees club. There's also Loners on Wheels and other groups.

Actually, I don't think there's much room in my coach for another person, since I'm living in mine and using all the storage!
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

I too, am a single Born Free owner. Have gone to 3 Born Free events & have found the same situation. Most owners are seniors, married and not full timers. Everyone is friendly, but married people stick together with other married people and/or the couples they've made friendships with over time and other rallies.

I'm not looking for a 'relationship' and most people I've met are really nice...but still I don't feel comfortable as a single at the BF rallies.

It sure would be nice to see some singles attend, maybe it would change the 'atmosphere'. As I am on the west coast & most events are planned in the mid-west, the east coast or the Florida area, I don't feel inspired to travel that far only to feel kind of left out.

There are a lot of women traveling solo and I'm sure many men as well, that enjoy RVing and are more inclined to join the single type RV clubs for the reasons I've stated above. I haven't looked into that yet, but I'm seriously considering it.

Also...I do travel a lot in my RV...but I pretty well stay in California or Nevada...and tend to stay for longer periods. As I've said many times, I absolutely love my BF and I also love the state of California...just wish there were BF events planned for this side of the U.S. 8)
whemme

Single Born Free Club Members

Post by whemme »

I did a little research by examining our club's membership roster. Assuming that when a membership is listed only under a single name that that member is truly single is maybe a suspect assumption. However, going with that assumption, out of our current membership total of 563, 89 or 16% are single members. Of that 89, 51 are men and 38 are women.

Just thought you would like to know!
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
Brent

Post by Brent »

Well, there are a few of us. I don't know if we will ever meet, but it is nice to know there are others.

I'll probably stop going to many of the events. It might be fun to try some of the other clubs some of you mentioned.
Taobeemr

Post by Taobeemr »

I used to be married, and lived in coupledom and associated with other couples for many years. I am now a widow and have had my BF for 18 months now. Before that, my first RV experience was a 17' Casita and I went to several Casita Rallys. With the BF, the only event I have been to so far was the Life on Wheels Conference in PA. However, I plan to attend a couple of BF Rallys coming up. I work fulltime, so that limits my trips out.
I have always found other people to do things with- single or married- it usually involved a common interest- a museum, an exercise club, the mall- whatever. I also belong to Excapees, but have yet to go to one of their events.
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

Anne;

Don't forget you will be at the NJ rally. :lol:

And I quote; "A future rally in nearby Joisey? Count me in!!!

Get that paperwork in!
:lol:

John
Taobeemr

Post by Taobeemr »

Hi John- Thanks for the reminder! Mailing in my reservation tomorrow for the Joisey Rally.
Brent

Post by Brent »

I see where several are members of Escapees - what is the draw?

Are there other clubs or groups you personally recommend?

Oh and by the way Bill, thanks for the member stats!
Ruby2

Post by Ruby2 »

RV.net has the OPEN ROADS SINGLES site and I belong to it. SoloGgup and have attended one of their GTG and plan to attend the next SE GTG in SC this next spring. We had about 12 units in TN this last April and I really enjoyed it.

Fill out an application and join us. There are several in Florida as members and very nice group.

All kinds of rigs and glad there were a few Class A's as it rained in TN for a few days in April!!!! More room for the small group to get into.
Bill Frank

Post by Bill Frank »

I am single and have attended a number of BF rallys including the Home Coming in 2006 and a couple of Quartsite events. Single or a couple, you are just as welcome by the other members, so introduce your self and join in on the conversation and the fun.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”