Winter Storage

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

TBNesbitt

Winter Storage

Post by TBNesbitt »

The area in which we live doesn't offer a place for indoor storage for my 24'RB BF - the nearest place being almost 100 miles. I'm thinking of purchasing a fabric cover, like the ones offered by Camping World. Our area gets LOTS of snow and really cold temps, so I need to have some protection. Besides the usual winter draining procedures, does anyone have any insite into this storage method and/or advice about brands of fabric covers? Thanks.
Bill Ruh

Winter Storage

Post by Bill Ruh »

Be careful, covers that touch the motorhome can cause more damage (rubbing and trapping moisture) than they prevent. Some kind of structure (building or even fabric-over-a-frame) is better if you can arrange it.

I'd love to have a barn but we don't, so I just leave ours open in the winter and climb up and clear off the snow.
Jim Hofmann

Post by Jim Hofmann »

I bought a used 24'RB without the cab over. It came with a custom cover. I later traded in the 24' on a 26'RB with cab over. I still have the custom cover for the 24' which I would part with for $50 if it is of use to you.
Jim

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”