24 RB left sliding glass

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

joslef10

24 RB left sliding glass

Post by joslef10 »

Does anyone know how to remove the sliding glass assy from the left side? (drivers side= left side)
jhillis625

Post by jhillis625 »

Yes, I know how, it is best to have it done by a glass shop. Ours was broken about 11 Months ago and we had to have it replaced.
On the inside the day/night shade frame has to be removed. Then there is a caulk seal that has to be removed between the inside metal frame fit into the metal frame that is installed from the outside.
On the outside You have to remove the Maxx/air vent if is is so equiped.
There are a couple of screws that hold the plastic trim. When you remove these screws and the plastic trim this exposes the screws that holds the outside frame.
After you get the window frame out then there is more screws to remove to get the sliding window out.

Yours may be different ours is a 1998.

Glass shop had to order the window and the first one that was sent was the wrong one. When we finally got the coach back we were a day late leaving on our trip. On the second day of our trip we went through a pretty good rain storm and the window leaked. We were moping water every time it rained. There was a big gap on the outside window frame. So I got some caulk, caulking gun, a ladder and filled the gap.
When we got back home, I took it back to the glass shop and they removed the window and discovered the window opening was to large and the screws in some places did not have any wood to screw into.
The shop used a polyurethane hold the window in, it no longer leaks at that window.
Hope this is a help.
joslef10

Left Front Sliding window

Post by joslef10 »

Thanx Jim & Ernestine...I didnt know it was that involved! Thanx for
answering my post...I think I will go to Kim at the plant... J.L.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”