Storage Pods

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Larry Nordby

Storage Pods

Post by Larry Nordby »

I've been thinking of buying or fabricating a storage pod that would fit the 2" trailer hitch. I've found a few on line that will accept a 250 lb load. Golf clubs, my gas grill and other unnecessary items I can't live without, could be my constant companions. Have any of you used such a device and if so, what are your comments. I don't want to take unnecessary clutter but space and storage is limited on the 26 RB.

Any suggestions???
robert newby

Post by robert newby »

hi Larry -- I had a special storage box made that fit into the 2' receiver and carried it to and from Alaska with no problem -- you can find some at Camping World that look OK -- what I like about using the 2" receiver is that you can leave it home when not needed -- BobN
robert

Post by robert »

I did have a storage pod installed by the factory on the roof of my BF. However, all I have stored in it is a spare tire, no wheel.

I would not recommend a roof storage for items that you need periodically as trying to go up and down the latter carrying something is not a good idea.

I like the idea of the hitch pod for convenience, but it would bother me as I would not like anything hanging on the back like that. You would certainly have to remember it was there when you backed up.

Keep in mind that every pound you add on the hitch may have an effect on the steering.

I would certainly call BF and ask their advice on the matter.
hrgermany

storagepod

Post by hrgermany »

When I bought my used BF 26 RSB it had a storage pod that fits into the receiverhitch.It came from Camping World and was @ $300 Dollars.I don't
use it because I carry a spare tire.It is available.
Hans Rueckert
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

Hans:

Do you have a picture? Make, model? Still sold by CW?

Thanks, Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”