Tire Information

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

norijake

Tire Information

Post by norijake »

I have read what information I could find on the BB using "Search" concerning buying new tires for the Born Free. I agree with the concept that tires are not a place where one would want to try and save money by buying less quality.

I know that Michelin makes good tires. I also know that, around 1988, Michelin bought the name and production rights to BF Goodrich Tires.

Do any of you have any experience with the BF Goodrich LT225/75R16/E Commercial T/A All-Season tires? Since Michelin actually makes BF Goodrich Tires, do you think they are the same quality as the tires that Michelin stamps their own name on?

Thanks for any input.
2004 26' RB
hrgermany

goodyear tires

Post by hrgermany »

I put a new set of goodyear tires on my 1995 BF 26RSB.They cost me $190 dollars each.I had to learn it the hard way.Blow out a rear tire,that
took out the gray water tank and all the plumbing near by.Lucky I still can do most the repairs myself.
Hans Rueckert
Jon Pollei

Tire Information

Post by Jon Pollei »

I recieved one of the first coaches that came with Goodyears after the Firestone problem. At 11561 miles after losing the treads on 3 of the 4 rear tires I scrapped them for Michelin XPS and have not had any more tire trouble. Goodyear does not stand behind there tires and they are crap. They should be called BADyears. :evil:
Larry Nordby

Tire question

Post by Larry Nordby »

I made the rounds to the various tire shops and ended up at Costco buying 6 Michelins XPS for a little over $1100. Costco was 200+ cheaper than the next best price. They offer free rotation, and excellent service. It was well worth the $50.00 membership fee.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”