Covering the windshield and front windows

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Rick and Linda

Covering the windshield and front windows

Post by Rick and Linda »

It seems to me that I read somewhere that, instead of putting a vinyl covering on the outside of the Born Free, there is a system that sets up inside the cab, that will cover the windows. Does anyone know anything about this? We'd love to buy one. Thanks.
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

Rick and Linda:

I use a product called HeatShields by CanvasWorks out of Sunnyvale. CA.
I am VERY happy with them. The fit is perfect. They make a shield for the Ford Van front windshield and the side windows for the cab. Their online ordering system doesn't allow for ordering the side window shields at this time, so the best bet is to call them at 1-800-777-6405 and order all three (front, left, & right) over the phone.

http://www.canvasworks.com/main.html

I used to use the ADCO snooze bonnets (exterior vinyl) sold by Campingworld, but the HeatShield is much simpler and quicker to install.

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
Rick and Linda

Post by Rick and Linda »

Thanks, Bill -- that's not quite what I am looking for, but it may do in a pinch, if we can't find the item itself. The one I am seeking is more like a curtain that installs on the inside of the cab and covers the windows for privacy. Again, I appreciate your taking the time to respond.
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

We use the HeatShields while the coach is being stored and on the road for privacy. IMHO, I feel they are far superior to any curtain system available. Your mileage may vary. :D

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
Rick and Linda

Post by Rick and Linda »

Thanks again, Bill. I'm keeping the website for them.
norijake

Post by norijake »

I saw these discussed on this BB and recently ordered a set. They're supposed to be here tomorrow. They'll send them overnight if you need them straight away, seem to be very nice folks to work with. www.easycurtain.net .
2004 26' RB
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

I have the Easy Curtain system that covers my windshield and two side windows from the inside. Absolutely love it...easy to put up, take down, takes very little space (I roll it up when done & put it behind the passenger seat)...does the job & gives absolute privacy.
Rick and Linda

Post by Rick and Linda »

Nori and Jake -- **EASYCURTAIN!** That's [/i]it. Thank you so much for responding. So glad they can be overnighted, we are gong on a trip next week. Thank you, thank you!
Rick and Linda

Post by Rick and Linda »

Oops, didn't mean to make all that in italics -- just the "it." :D
Rick and Linda

Post by Rick and Linda »

Charlotte, thanks for your input, I'm very happy to know someone who uses, and likes, the Easy Curtain.
Randy Wilson

Post by Randy Wilson »

Rick & Linda, I think you are looking for the EasyCurtain link that Mel posted on 12/3/05. We bought it and are fairly pleased. It works pretty well, but is a little troublesome to put in place on the side windows. The side pieces are held in place by a flap that is fixed by raising the window and velcro to the front piece. It would be easier to do if we didn't have power windows (not that I want to give them up). You do get access to the cab space and they are good at excluding light. I think the cost was about $89. The link is shown below:

http://www.easycurtain.net/
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

I haven't had any trouble with the side windows & I have the elec. windows also...but I've used mine each night when I'm RVing & maybe I've just got the set up down pat. Takes me maybe 2 minutes to have it all closed off & I absolutely enjoy the extra cab space having access to my dashboard, etc. The great part (IMO) is if it's raining outside, I don't have to worry about what I'm going to do with the wet outside windshield cover...and I LIKE that....but then, that's why there's so many different products out there...we all of a choice for what works for us...
Rick and Linda

Post by Rick and Linda »

Thanks for the site, Randy. I appreciate your taking the time to enter it. :)
Rick and Linda

Post by Rick and Linda »

Hi, Charlotte, we did decide to go with the Easy Curtain. We found that they are made at a location about an hour from us, so if we are able to do it, we'll drive out and pick one up tomorrow. Thank you so much for the information, and for giving us your recommendation. :)
Barbara & Ken

Post by Barbara & Ken »

Is the Easy Curtain available only in black? If so, doesn't it make the coach seem "closed in" and visually smaller? Originally, we had dark green day/shades and we hated the closed in feeling when the shades were closed. Replacing them with beige shades made the coach seem larger and more pleasant. Of course, that's just a psychological effect, but the sense of not feeling closed in is so much more comfortable for us. Feels more like a home instead of a dark cave.
Barbara & Ken

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”