Campground Recommendations Database

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Brent

Campground Recommendations Database

Post by Brent »

Would several be interested in having a data base on the club web site, where we could post unique campgrounds to share with each other - by state?

This would allow us to check out areas on line where we were planning a trip to locate something special or unique.

I have noticed the RV Forum and Lazy Daze Club does this and I use their recommendations quite a bit. However many of their sites are in the west.

Obviously we would have to have some work done on the web site and then it would be up to us to participate and use the site. It wouldn't make sense unless several participated, but it could be a good way to communicate "jewels" we may other wise miss. I've camped in Florida for about 20 years and could share some nice places to boondock as well as campgrounds.

Anybody else interested?
Bornfree (1999 Rear Kitchen)
Traveling with Chester (The Boxer) - at least in spirit
Mel Wilbur

campgrounds

Post by Mel Wilbur »

Brent,
This should be a helpfull addition, will look into it.
Mel & Connie
Roadtech

Post by Roadtech »

I agree.
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

Wow...I think you've got a great idea...I've done most of my camping in California and don't know much about the rest of the U.S. I really think it would be a huge benefit to alot of us...and boy! I could name a few places here in California to NOT camp in !!!!!
Brent

Post by Brent »

Yes Charlotte, there are a few to avoid for sure but there are some great ones too, that we would miss. I'll start working on my list.

They can be unique campgrounds or boondocking sites, some can just be good "central locations" to visit an area such as Disney World, etc.

This might also be a way to disclose/discover some campgrounds that would be good for some club outings too.
Bornfree (1999 Rear Kitchen)
Traveling with Chester (The Boxer) - at least in spirit
bfadmin
Site Admin

Campground Database

Post by bfadmin »

The decision has been made to create a new category on this forum called Recommended RV Resorts & Campgrounds. And thanks to Brent for bringing this idea to our attention.

Members should only post about resorts/campgrounds that offer something really unusual or outstanding that would be of interest to our members. Bad mouthing or negative comments about a resort/campground will not be permitted and those type of posts will be deleted by a website administrator (bfadmin).

The recommended resort/campground should be identified by name and address along with contact phone number, e-mail address, and a website address if one is available.

I will be working on this new category and it should show up on the forum within the next week.

Bill Hemme
bfadmin-2
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Website Forum Administrators
(bfadmin-1) Dave Moffat - Primary Administrator
(bfadmin-3) Sandy Perley - Assistant Administrator
(bfadmin-2) Bill Hemme - Backup Administrator
(bfadmin) Email: bfadmin@bornfreervclub.org
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

Just posting my 2 cents....I think having a category of 'unusual' and 'recommended' campsites is a plus for our website. I kinda disagree that postings will not be allowed for negative experiences with campgrounds. Not because I want to create a problem, but those of us that travel mostly alone and out of our state have no idea of where a safe place to stop will be. Using Woodalls or Trail Life directories is my 'bible'. But even using those reference books I've run into some really nasty campgrounds. I think it would be beneficial to post something so others could avoid a bad experience. So in light of those kind of postings being banned or not allowed on this website...I offer this website for campground information that gives both sides. Check out: www.rvparkreviews.com
Again, just my 2 cents.... :?
BornFree_n_Now

Post by BornFree_n_Now »

Have to put our 2 cents in with Charlotte’s ~~ sometimes wanting to be too “PCâ€
Larry & Sharon
2002 26' RSB
Suzuki X90 4x4 Toad
robert

Post by robert »

I agree. It is even more important to hear about a bad rv park then it is to hear about a good rv park.

Negative comments should not be deleted.

There is always a possibility that the Club could be sued as mentioned but if that happens, just close the club down. No suit would extend to the members (except the one that made the negative comment if it turned out to be a false or misleading statement of the facts).

The purpose loses it value if only good comments are allowed.
Trisha

Post by Trisha »

If you put 'negatives' In to the following format, what can they do?....ie:

"I DID NOT LIKE...."
"I was not satisfied because...."
"It is not for me because...."
"In my opinion, it....."

they cannot sue you for your opinions. They cannot sue you for not liking something. They cannot hold you legally liable for claiming something "isn't for me" or "in your opinion."

So just put the un-recommends in such terms as 'in my opinion' or 'i did not like' and let it stand. Unless, of course, freedom of speech is now illegal.
(In which case it is time to drive to south america or something and not come back.)

Trish
bfadmin
Site Admin

Recommended RV Resorts and Campgrounds Database

Post by bfadmin »

A new category on our discussion forum has now been created and called 'Recommended RV Resorts and Campgrounds Database'. Please post you comments about your favorite or least favorite RV Resort/Campground in one of the 6 Club Regions corresponding to the state in which the facility is located. An most importantly, please read and follow the 5 Posting Rules as listed on the top of the 6 regional forums.

I have read all of the postings above and along with Mel's comments have decided to permit both positive and negative comments.

We shall see how this new forum category develops and the rules may have to be adjusted accordingly. Anyone can send further comments and/or suggestions to my E-mail address listed below

Bill Hemme
bfadmin-2@bornfreervclub.org
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Website Forum Administrators
(bfadmin-1) Dave Moffat - Primary Administrator
(bfadmin-3) Sandy Perley - Assistant Administrator
(bfadmin-2) Bill Hemme - Backup Administrator
(bfadmin) Email: bfadmin@bornfreervclub.org
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

Thank you Bill... 8)
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

Thanks Bill. And Charlotte gets the prize for the first post in these new categories! :D

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
Barbara & Ken

Post by Barbara & Ken »

Brent, what a great suggestion to have an RV park forum.

And Bill and Mel, it's great that you set up regional categories in the forum.
Barbara & Ken

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”