Any Ratings of RV service and repair shops?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Ray'n Mary

Any Ratings of RV service and repair shops?

Post by Ray'n Mary »

Anyone know of a source for finding ratings or comments on service and repair shops? Such as "Car Talk" has, altho they don't list many RV garages.

In our brief experiences we've used a couple of Camping World garages, and have no complaints except for long distance to nearest one. And, well, they seem a tad too officious.

Ray
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

You might consider contacting Kim at Born Free. When I talked to him last, he was gathering a list of RV repair companies from those of us that had experience with same in order to pass that information on to those that are traveling & may need a reliable service garage....
gwb36

Post by gwb36 »

http://www.rvservicereviews.com/

This is a site that has reviews of repair shops submitted by customers.
George W Becker
2015 Born Free Triumph w/slide
Birmingham Alabama
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

Great site that I didn't know about...thanks for sharing. I'm certainly adding this to my 'favorites' list. I might add that the repair company that I faithfully trust my BF to is on that list & rated as 'excellent'...and rightfully so...
Thanks again... 8)
Brent

Post by Brent »

http://www.motorhomechassis.com/ owned by Pete Scalf.

Pete did the warrenty work in Clermont, FL for Bornfree. He has just recently relocated his business to Tenn.

I've used Pete for many things on my BF and always felt he did a good job and definately knew the BF coach.
Bornfree (1999 Rear Kitchen)
Traveling with Chester (The Boxer) - at least in spirit
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

The site posted by gwb36 lists customer opinions from their first hand experiences with various RV repair companies/shops. The website noted is an excellent reference for those traveling throughout the country & in need of service. Being in California I wouldn't have the slightest idea who to contact when out of my state and would certainly use that website as a guide. 8)
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

I did a quick check of a few states I am familar with and found a couple of errors. Under Arkansas you will find "Cowboy RV Mart" listed as located in Lake Havasu, AR. I am pretty darn sure there is no Lake Havasu Arkansas, but there is one in Arizona. Evidently the person who posted this thought the two letter postal code for Arizona was AR. Just below this posting is one for "Cummins Rocky Mountain" which may be an error as well as Arkansas is almost as far from the Rocky Mountains as I am on an island off the Alabama coast. You may want to take the time to review states you know well and see if other errors exist.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
gwb36

Post by gwb36 »

Another site which I visit often is http://rvparkreviews.com/ which many of you probably use. This site is more useful mainly because of many more reports by users (probably because people park more often than get service). If more people would report on rvservicereviews it could also be much more useful with both pro and cons of the same shop.
George W Becker
2015 Born Free Triumph w/slide
Birmingham Alabama

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”