George's response to "IMPORTANT NOTICE"

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

George Boley

George's response to "IMPORTANT NOTICE"

Post by George Boley »

First I want to thank everyone for taking the time to respond to my posting. I have been away a couple of days or would have got back to you before now.
I hope I didn't panic anyone with my shock & awe approach, but I was getting a little desperate after many hours on the phone and e-mail trying to help fill the positions in question.
Some of you were concerned that the current officers were not active enough getting out the word and that the web site should be used more for the dissemination of club information. Valid point! As best as I can tell there appear to be about 200 parties that monitor our chat room on a regular basis and because it is open to the public, many of them more than likely are not club members. Also some of our active club members, believe it or not, don't own a computer. So with over 500 members we must think of other ways to get the word out. We publish two newsletters a year which are repeated twice in the Born Free factory's newsletter (the Chatter), short business meetings are held at most rallies and hundreds of e-mails fly between officers and committee members. Monthly meetings would be ideal in completeing this process but unfortunately being a national club, logistics are firmly against us.
One of you thought that having interested candidates approach President Mel direct was rather odd, where normally such names go to the nominating committee. Unfortunately as stated, we are unable to find a chairman to facilitate that process.
Another respondent thought I had posted information on the web site only 3 times. Yes 3 times since I got my new computer last month and couldn't remember my own password, so had to be reentered as a new subscriber. Actually I was able to post a lot more before taking the VP and Rally/Caravan Coordinators jobs, as well as hosting my own rallies. Sure hope everyone can come to our NH rally at Lake Winnipesaukee in 2008, Sue and I have some great things planned for you.
Last but not least, my post was not the first time the cry for help went out. It was in the President's message section of the last two newsletters and Mel has voiced his concern at the last few rallies, including Iowa where 150 members attended. Also, Bill Hemme is right, office terms and obligations are clearly posted on our website.
Again I really appreciate everyone's response and hope I have been able to clear up a few misconceptions George Boley
George Boley
Knowledge will never be lost, provided it is shared
KTnLen

Post by KTnLen »

On this same topic, in the club newsletter released electronically today, Mel Wilbur, our Club President, has given the details of which regions and positions will need to be filled in 2008-09.

Additionally, he has encouraged participation in hosting or supporting rally events.

Mel has asked that interested parties contact either he or George Boley to discuss further.
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Thanks George and Len,

I received the Newsletter (our first) and it has a lot of information that is of interest to us.

I am sorry if my comments were taken to be overly critical; my intent was only to state that, as new members, we felt we were "in the dark" on many of the club functions and basic operation.

Communication is all things is vital to understanding. Thanks for prividing more information on the club and some history on issues and concerns.

We will be attending the National Rally and will see first hand how it all comes together.

Thanks

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”