Outdoor Grills--Electric vs LPG/propane?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Roger H

Post by Roger H »

Trish... you MUST be one of those folks who insist that good wine must have a cork... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Two Buck Chuck:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Shaw_wine

Roger
'06 Born Free 32 RQ Kodiak Chassis
(Former: '01 Born Free 23 RK)
Dinghy: '16 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with a Blue Ox Aladdin tow bar.
Traveling with Sir Winston and Lady Rae (Cavalier King Charles Spaniels)
Linda Giuliani

Post by Linda Giuliani »

These old mining trails are narrow, steep and winding. They have not been improved since mining days. Meeting another vehicle is a challenge because there is only room for one, so somebody has to find a way to pull over. There were portions of the road that had huge boulders we had to "climb", wash outs, and areas where you had to pick your path carefully in order not to high center the vehicle (and this path most likely took you right to the edge of the cliff - so if you are sitting on that side your instinct is to volunteer to walk the darn trail instead of ride! But you can't because you can't hold your footing on all the loose gravel and you'll probably fall and break something! So you stay in the vehicle and try not to look down! I confess to muttering a four letter word from time to time - well I probably hollered! :oops: ). I wanted to take some pictures while we were on the move but the road was so rough the camera wouldn't focus. Greg had to wrestle the steering wheel so much that he actually wore blisters, so this year we will carry some gloves for him.

The first day out we had wind, rain and some snow, so the folks who were riding in open jeeps and didn't bring heavy coats or blankets were pretty cold. Several folks chose not to do a second day. For us newbies I think the trails were more than we had bargained for! However, we had excellent leadership and stayed in constant communication by CB radio so there was plenty of advice on how to approach and drive difficult areas. There was plenty of experience in the team Mike had assembled so we had no concerns about getting into trouble or being left behind. We found it helpful to stay close enough to the Jeep in front of us to see how he picked his way through the obstacles. If he didn't have any difficulty we did what he did. I know we went through beautiful country, but all I saw was the trail in front of my face as I was trying to help Greg pick the best path. We were the only "non-Jeep" in the group. We had about the same verticle clearance but not full skid plates underneath, so we had a real concern about puncturing something and causing a mechanical breakdown.

Somehow we survived and we must have had a terrific time because we both jumped at the chance to go again! For those of us who can't physically hike mountains, this is a wonderful adventure into amazing places, the likes of which we would never see otherwise.

Hope I haven't discouraged you from coming. Being flatlanders and newbies we probably thought the trails last year were more extreme than they were. Folks who had previous experience in off-roading didn't seem to be overly concerned. This year we will have more confidence in our vehicle and ourselves, so I hope not to be hollerin' quite so much! :lol:

See you in August!
Linda Giuliani

Post by Linda Giuliani »

Trish, guess we should have started a new topic! Sorry to the rest of you who are looking to discuss grills. . .

Forgot to tell you about 4 buck Chuck. At Trader Joe's in California they market a $2.00 bottle of wine and call it "2 buck Chuck". They also sell a bottle for $4.00, hence the name.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”