Vent on roof - missing cover?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

TwoShihtzus

Vent on roof - missing cover?

Post by TwoShihtzus »

On the way home from Florida yesterday we heard a really loud thump on the roof. I pulled over and discovered a bird had hit my air conditioner unit. When I got home I cleaned the mess (yuck), and patched the hole in the plastic with Duct Tape. I was climbing down from the roof and noticed that there was a black pipe (Vent I assume) sticking up through the roof that didn't have any cap - I couldn't recall if this had a cap on it before, but it caught my eye, so I suspect it's supposted to have a cap.
It's a black PVC tube about 1 1/2" in diameter, located about a foot forward of the bathroom vent. I have a 26' Rear Bed (1991).

Does anybody know what the vent is for and whether it is supposed to have a cap? Seems like it would collect water easily, although it is about 3 inches above the roof line.
Trisha

Post by Trisha »

It's probably a sewer tank vent. Yes, it's supposed to have a cover on it. I think there might be one for the black tank, and a separate one for the gray tank. Not looking at the book, to be certain, but I do know your tanks are vented so you don't get fumed out of your rig. I would guess you should call BF and ask them for a cover, or maybe check someplace like Camping world, or even better, a more comprehensive place that installs and fixes the plumbing type parts of the MH.

Trish
TwoShihtzus

Post by TwoShihtzus »

Thanks Trisha - I'll call the mothership and see if Kim can get me a replacement.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”