Power roof vent cover?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

mi99amigo

Power roof vent cover?

Post by mi99amigo »

I would like to install one of the covers for my power roof vent, so that I can open the vent in the rain. My local serivce shop tells me that because of the TV antenna, there is not enough clearance for the special cover that is designed for the power roof vent.

they suggested that we use the less expensive ones that are designed for non-powered vents.

has anyone installed a cover for their power roof vent? If so, what kind?

Thanks!
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

Chris;

I installed the MaxxAir cover on mine. I believe the model # is 800, the one made for the power fan.

However, I have the crank up Winegard antenna, so I can't say for sure if it will fit with the older bat wing type.

It does limit how much the vent cover can open, but the fan is smart enough so that when the vent lid hits the cover it stops trying to open any further. It also probably restricts some air flow, more so if you use the fan on high speed. We seldom if ever go above the 2nd speed, so I don't think that is an issue.

I can attach a photo if necessary.

John
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

Although not specifically designed for the high powered ceiling fans, I installed the Camping World Ramble brand vent cover over my Fantastic Fan. They are a little less money than the similar MaxxAir brand covers for non-powered vents (and a lot less expensive than the Fan/Mate Model 800) and provide more airflow due to the added side louvers. Like all vent covers, it only allows the vent to open about 3/4 of the way. IMHO it works ideal. You can see them at CampingWorld.com by clicking on the following url.

http://tinyurl.com/2azxhr

Bill
Attachments
Ramble Vent Cover.jpg
Ramble Vent Cover.jpg (3.93 KiB) Viewed 4904 times
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
Dave&JanPotter

Post by Dave&JanPotter »

Like John, I also installed a MaxxAir 800 cover over our Fantastic Fan and like it a lot. Since it rains once in a while here in the Pacific NW, it is much nicer to be able to open the side vents and the roof vents during a storm. The combination gives a good airflow through the coach. Although the cover doesn't allow the vent to open all the way, it provides plenty of area for the airlow. We use our fan at all speeds without a problem. We originally had the Delta TV antenna and it could not rotate fully without bumping into the cover. This wasn't really a problem as the reception was so poor with that antenna we seldom watched TV if we weren't hooked up to cable. This spring I installed a new Winegard batwing antennna and I am very pleased with the performance improvement. We also can rotate the antenna without the cover restricting it. IMHO, both items should be installed as standard equipment on all BF coaches.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”