Where to wash RB on road

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Trisha

Where to wash RB on road

Post by Trisha »

I have been on the road for weeks now, and will be for another few; and I'm finding that most RV parks do not allow washing of RV's. Where do folks wash them?

I was cleaning up some bugs and saw how dirty it is...I really want to wash it but am at a GS CG.

Have any of you taken your RV through a truck wash? or???

Pat
whemme

Post by whemme »

Trisha,

I have found that a few of the traditional car washes that you find in most towns will have a stall large enough to get your Born Free inside to use the typical high pressure wand, soap, and rinse. It can be a rather tight fit though and you need to be carefull not to damage your unit geting it inside and back out again. You may have to pull in your mirrors and be especially carefully of your height which for most Born Free motorhomes is 10' 8". Also, some car washes have pull up doors on usually both ends - make sure that they are absolutely clear up before driving into them.

If you can't find such a car wash or you don't want to do the dirty work yourself, then a semi-truck type car wash will work also. They generally charge in the area of $1.00 to $1.50 per foot length and they do the work.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
Mel Wilbur

Where to wash on the road

Post by Mel Wilbur »

Trisha,

You need to be careful with truck wash facilities as some use a very harsh soap in order to remove the oil, tar, etc from the 18 wheelers. Many coach builders warn owners that they will not stand behind the finishes if truck wash facilities are used. I believe you mentioned attending the Branson rally but dont know if you will be at the pre-rally in Eureka Springs. I understand there is a car wash in Berryville just outside of ES that has a bay large enough for our coaches. If not you may be able to locate one on the way to Branson that has such capabilities.
Mel & Connie
Trisha

Post by Trisha »

Good things to know. I'll be in ES also. Maybe I'll plan to get down there a day early.

Thanks.

PatTrish
Ed leswig

Post by Ed leswig »

The car wash in Berryville is on route 62 near the Burger King, on the opposite side of the street as you are going west.
w5vthdonb

Washing

Post by w5vthdonb »

I have been using Protect All Quick and Easy wash for the last five years. One gallon has cleaned a 40 foot diesel , many times and I have used it for a couple of years on my BF. It is a little pricy $25.19 a gallon at camping world. I purchased my last gallon at Wal Mart in CA. If you live where they have water problems this was the solution. I have about five large towels to wipe it off. What it does is lift the dirt and you just wipe it off. If you go through a lot of mud and it gets hard I wouldn't recomend washing it this way. I have never used a car wash since I have been using this product.
Just make sure you have a lot of towel to remove the wash when you put it on. You can find the information on this at camping world catalog on page 113. The item number is #1857. I am 73 years old and have had no problem using this. It also removed bugs if you get them off when you stop for overnight parking. No one can say anything as you are only using a gallon of there water. I use a window washer with a long arm and put the towel wet with the wetter than waterand that alows me to clean the top front, then just put a dry towel on it and wipe it off. As I am only five feet two inches, this allows my to have a nice clean coach.
Don USN ret
Toad 1987 VW Cabriolet
BF 26 RSB

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”