Chasis Swap?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

TracyDJMan

Chasis Swap?

Post by TracyDJMan »

So I’ve got an 87 24’. I love the interior, but it’s looking like my engine might be blown, as I’ve got coolant spraying everywhere. I’m wondering if anyone here has done a chasis swap and if it’s a good idea? It would guarantee I get my cab over resealed, which would have been a concern, as it could be leaking. And it’d give me the larger engine space which would be wonderful as this e350 leaves much to be desired in the way of room to work. Thanks for any advice in this matter. 87 e350 born free want to put on the international s1654 chasis.
‘87 President 24’ E350 6.9 Turbo Diesel
whemme

Re: Chasis Swap?

Post by whemme »

Why not first take your coach to a Ford dealer and have your coolant leak checked out. Even if your engine is blown, an engine swap would be much less expensive than attempting a chassis swap.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
TracyDJMan

Re: Chasis Swap?

Post by TracyDJMan »

This is good advice. I finally got around to looking at the issue and it’s just a cracked hose. Ordered it for $7. I always seem to over complicate things, but research and learn a lot in the process. Cheers!
‘87 President 24’ E350 6.9 Turbo Diesel

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”