Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club

This forum is for Born Free Owners and those interested in owning a Born Free.
It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:25 pm 

Hi folks! I’m Beth Alyse and I’d love to connect with anyone who’s thinking about selling their smaller size Born Free. If you’re interested in rehoming your loyal travel buddy with a family who’ll treasure her forever and love her to the moon and back, we’re your people! It’s just the two of us, myself and my little guy Béowolf, so we’re looking for a smaller model that I can comfortably drive, park, and maintain on my own, with all the loving care she deserves. We’d love to find a 2000s-era BFT, BFT Mini, 22’ RSK, or 24’ RB in solid condition in the $20,000 (flexible) price range to add to our little family. We look forward to hearing from you and to making some new friends in this awesome community!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:52 pm 

Hi, this is Linda Bishop. We have a really nice 24' Born Free. It's a1989, with 65,000 + - original miles, it's been gone over by a mechanic, fixed all that needed fixing. New tires etc. If you think you might be interested a that year model, either give me a call at 575-640-5369 or my email is bishopnotaryservices@juno.com

I have driven it to Louisiana, I live in NM, by myself and had no problems. We just took a 1300 mile trip up into norther NM and in the mountains of Colorado, no issues.

Linda

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:19 am 

Hi
I am just starting to think about selling our 2004 23ft BFT. It has about 89,000K. Several owners but all the records we received from the last owners (2 retired nuns) indicate it has been well cared for and we have continued that. We live near Tucson and have taken it to Indiana once and Florida twice as well as shorter trips. It is ready for tires and new batteries which I will replace if I take a trip to FL to see my mother in November or we could discuss that if you are interested. I think we are in sync on pricing but I just saw an absolute cherry 2004 coach they called it a 9, I would have called it a 9.5 that was asking $34,900 at a dealer; sun has been hard on The Flying Nun as we call her and I have removed the worst decals. I think the finish just needs a lot of Gel Gloss and elbow grease. I would have rated her a bit higher before I saw that on but would now say a 6. Maybe a 7.5 if totally detailed.

Technically this is a model 22RDBFT, s/n 6690 Built 12/2003. The chassis is 2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty V-10

I have kept the Good Sam Extended Warranty (chassis and appliances etc) on it and have never needed it.

You can e-mail me @ fayrankin12@yahoo.com if you want to continue the discussion and I can send pix etc.

Terry Linthicum
Green Valley, AZ