Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club

This forum is for Born Free Owners and those interested in owning a Born Free.
It is currently Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 9:51 am
Posts: 67
Location: East Amherst, NY
Brochure does not have a date on it, but Fords chassis are from the 1983 thru 1991 model years


Attachments:
File comment: Click on the blue Download button to the right to view a 1990 model year Born Free motorcoach price sheet
1990 Price List.pdf [236.32 KiB]
Downloaded 599 times
File comment: Click on the blue Download button to the right to view a 1990 model year Born Free motorcoach sales flyer
90's BF Sales Flyer.pdf [1.01 MiB]
Downloaded 717 times

_________________
1990 26' RSB Diesel


Last edited by mike&linda on Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:56 am
Posts: 547
Location: WA
Those are great! I have several older brochures but I would have to scan them to post them and I'm sure that would violate copyright laws.

Note: I think I prefer the cleaner look of the older minimalist graphics.

_________________
2000 Born Free 24RB


Last edited by mockturtle on Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 9:37 am
Posts: 313
Location: San Antonio, Tx
mockturtle wrote:
Those are great! I have several older brochures but I would have to scan them to post them and I'm sure that would violate copyright laws.

Note: I think I prefer the cleaner look of the older minimalist graphics.

Are thinking the people who posted the brochures already available on the forum are at risk of being sued by the BF Corporation for violating the copyright laws?

_________________
Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago 29' Class A MH
Chevy Colorado Toad
Former BF owners.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:56 am
Posts: 547
Location: WA
al1florida wrote:
mockturtle wrote:
Those are great! I have several older brochures but I would have to scan them to post them and I'm sure that would violate copyright laws.

Note: I think I prefer the cleaner look of the older minimalist graphics.

Are thinking the people who posted the brochures already available on the forum are at risk of being sued by the BF Corporation for violating the copyright laws?
Nope.

_________________
2000 Born Free 24RB


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:05 pm
Posts: 2009
Location: Spencer, IA
Al & Sharon,

I doubt it. I agree with mockturtle above. If a document is copyrighted, then I believe it would have a notice of copyright printed someplace on the document. The two brochures that I have posted did not contain such a notice so I don't believe it to be a problem.

Kim Olson at the Born Free factory browses our website and can email if I am wrong.

In an earlier post dated Oct 7th, you said in part:
Earlier this year I called BF and talked to Kim looking for an electronic copy of the 2005 BF brochure for my 2005 BF. Kim said that when the new model year comes out they send all the last years brochures out for shredding. They don't even keep an electronic copy.

Some editorial comment about BF:

It would appear that BF has no interest in supporting their product, except for the original owner.


At first you criticize Born Free for not having brochures available on older models and then you seem to attempt to scare anyone from posting copies of older brochures citing the copyright issue. I guess I don't understand your reasoning.

_________________
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 9:37 am
Posts: 313
Location: San Antonio, Tx
whemme wrote:
Al & Sharon,

I doubt it. I agree with mockturtle above. If a document is copyrighted, then I believe it would have a notice of copyright printed someplace on the document. The two brochures that I have posted did not contain such a notice so I don't believe it to be a problem.

Kim Olson at the Born Free factory browses our website and can email if I am wrong.

In an earlier post dated Oct 7th, you said in part:
Earlier this year I called BF and talked to Kim looking for an electronic copy of the 2005 BF brochure for my 2005 BF. Kim said that when the new model year comes out they send all the last years brochures out for shredding. They don't even keep an electronic copy.

Some editorial comment about BF:

It would appear that BF has no interest in supporting their product, except for the original owner.


At first you criticize Born Free for not having brochures available on older models and then you seem to attempt to scare anyone from posting copies of older brochures citing the copyright issue. I guess I don't understand your reasoning.


I felt Mockturtle responded with the statement which could scare away people from scanning brochures.

Here is his statement:
"Those are great! I have several older brochures but I would have to scan them to post them and I'm sure that would violate copyright laws."

I interpreted that to mean that he didn't want to scan the brochures he had because of copyright laws. He didn't say the brochures he had, had a copyright statement warning about copying. If I had brochures to scan, I would think twice about scanning them after reading his statement.

I can see I really phrased my question to Mockturtle wrong. I should have been more direct and asked why he was concerned about scanning the brochures since others have scanned brochures and made them available on this forum.

On the other hand I don't know that the pdf documents posted on this forum were scanned, I just assumed that brochures from 1999 and around the year 2000 were paper and someone on the forum scanned them and then posted them.

I think it is a great service this forum is providing by finding and making available prior year brochures.

_________________
Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago 29' Class A MH
Chevy Colorado Toad
Former BF owners.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:56 am
Posts: 547
Location: WA
Mockturtle here. A 'she', not a 'he', BTW. Yes, I felt there was a distinction between the pdf files and scanning a brochure, which may be copyrighted. However, in looking over the brochures on hand, I have seen no copyright information. So I guess scanning and posting them is permissible.

_________________
2000 Born Free 24RB


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:05 pm
Posts: 2009
Location: Spencer, IA
I have received the following response from the Born Free factory relative to the copyright status of their product brochures and price lists:

[color=blue]Born Free, Inc. does not have any problem with club members scanning and downloading older brochures and price sheets to share with others.

Members who have posted older brochures and price sheets and members who will post older brochures and price sheets in the future may continue to do so with “No Fearâ€

_________________
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:56 am
Posts: 547
Location: WA
Thanks, Bill. The definitive answer. Good job.

_________________
2000 Born Free 24RB


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 9:37 am
Posts: 313
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Good work Bill. This will put everyone's mind at ease.

_________________
Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago 29' Class A MH
Chevy Colorado Toad
Former BF owners.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group