Brochure and Price sheet 1990 Born Free

Posted in this section are all of the Born Free sales literature we have in pdf file format.
mike&linda

Brochure and Price sheet 1990 Born Free

Post by mike&linda »

Brochure does not have a date on it, but Fords chassis are from the 1983 thru 1991 model years
Attachments
90's BF Sales Flyer.pdf
Click on the blue Download button to the right to view a 1990 model year Born Free motorcoach sales flyer
(1.01 MiB) Downloaded 1069 times
1990 Price List.pdf
Click on the blue Download button to the right to view a 1990 model year Born Free motorcoach price sheet
(236.32 KiB) Downloaded 927 times
Last edited by mike&linda on Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1990 26' RSB Diesel
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

Those are great! I have several older brochures but I would have to scan them to post them and I'm sure that would violate copyright laws.

Note: I think I prefer the cleaner look of the older minimalist graphics.
Last edited by mockturtle on Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
al1florida

Post by al1florida »

mockturtle wrote:Those are great! I have several older brochures but I would have to scan them to post them and I'm sure that would violate copyright laws.

Are thinking the people who posted the brochures already available on the forum are at risk of being sued by the BF Corporation for violating the copyright laws?
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

al1florida wrote:
mockturtle wrote:Those are great! I have several older brochures but I would have to scan them to post them and I'm sure that would violate copyright laws.

Are thinking the people who posted the brochures already available on the forum are at risk of being sued by the BF Corporation for violating the copyright laws?
Nope.
whemme

Post by whemme »

Al & Sharon,

I doubt it. I agree with mockturtle above. If a document is copyrighted, then I believe it would have a notice of copyright printed someplace on the document. The two brochures that I have posted did not contain such a notice so I don't believe it to be a problem.

Kim Olson at the Born Free factory browses our website and can email if I am wrong.

In an earlier post dated Oct 7th, you said in part:
Earlier this year I called BF and talked to Kim looking for an electronic copy of the 2005 BF brochure for my 2005 BF. Kim said that when the new model year comes out they send all the last years brochures out for shredding. They don't even keep an electronic copy.

Some editorial comment about BF:

It would appear that BF has no interest in supporting their product, except for the original owner.

At first you criticize Born Free for not having brochures available on older models and then you seem to attempt to scare anyone from posting copies of older brochures citing the copyright issue. I guess I don't understand your reasoning.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
al1florida

Post by al1florida »

whemme wrote:Al & Sharon,

I doubt it. I agree with mockturtle above. If a document is copyrighted, then I believe it would have a notice of copyright printed someplace on the document. The two brochures that I have posted did not contain such a notice so I don't believe it to be a problem.

Kim Olson at the Born Free factory browses our website and can email if I am wrong.

In an earlier post dated Oct 7th, you said in part:
Earlier this year I called BF and talked to Kim looking for an electronic copy of the 2005 BF brochure for my 2005 BF. Kim said that when the new model year comes out they send all the last years brochures out for shredding. They don't even keep an electronic copy.

Some editorial comment about BF:

It would appear that BF has no interest in supporting their product, except for the original owner.

At first you criticize Born Free for not having brochures available on older models and then you seem to attempt to scare anyone from posting copies of older brochures citing the copyright issue. I guess I don't understand your reasoning.
I felt Mockturtle responded with the statement which could scare away people from scanning brochures.

Here is his statement:
"Those are great! I have several older brochures but I would have to scan them to post them and I'm sure that would violate copyright laws."

I interpreted that to mean that he didn't want to scan the brochures he had because of copyright laws. He didn't say the brochures he had, had a copyright statement warning about copying. If I had brochures to scan, I would think twice about scanning them after reading his statement.

I can see I really phrased my question to Mockturtle wrong. I should have been more direct and asked why he was concerned about scanning the brochures since others have scanned brochures and made them available on this forum.

On the other hand I don't know that the pdf documents posted on this forum were scanned, I just assumed that brochures from 1999 and around the year 2000 were paper and someone on the forum scanned them and then posted them.

I think it is a great service this forum is providing by finding and making available prior year brochures.
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

Mockturtle here. A 'she', not a 'he', BTW. Yes, I felt there was a distinction between the pdf files and scanning a brochure, which may be copyrighted. However, in looking over the brochures on hand, I have seen no copyright information. So I guess scanning and posting them is permissible.
whemme

Post by whemme »

I have received the following response from the Born Free factory relative to the copyright status of their product brochures and price lists:

Born Free, Inc. does not have any problem with club members scanning and downloading older brochures and price sheets to share with others.

Members who have posted older brochures and price sheets and members who will post older brochures and price sheets in the future may continue to do so with "No Fear"
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

Thanks, Bill. The definitive answer. Good job.
al1florida

Post by al1florida »

Good work Bill. This will put everyone's mind at ease.

Return to “Born Free Sales Literature”