Additional seat belts

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Jo Hayworth

Additional seat belts

Post by Jo Hayworth »

We would like the option of having more than four people riding safely in our 26RSB. Please let us hear your experiences of adding lap belts to the sofa. Who should install? Ford service or a RV center?
BonaProf

Grandkids too

Post by BonaProf »

We've also wondered about seating more than 4 adults. We've also wondered about seating small grandkids (4-8 years). We don't think they are allowed to sit in a front seat and the 2 rear seats do not have a 3-point connection. We too would like to hear from some of you with experiences in either seating more than 4 adults or seating small children.
robert newby

Post by robert newby »

Hi - when we ordered our coach we had the factory install seat belts on both sofa's
whemme

Post by whemme »

Our 2002 BF 26' RSB coach came equipped with lap belts on both captains chairs on the right side and 3 sets of lap belts for the Flexsteel sofa on the left side.

If you live close enough or are passing by sometime, the Born Free factory in Humboldt, IA could add the belts for your sofa. Another option would be to have a Camping World store do it or any other good RV service center that you would trust.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

We had the factory add 3 seat belts to our sofa also. Haven't used a child car seat in them, but the older grandkids have used them.

John
mi99amigo

Post by mi99amigo »

We had the factory ship us the three lapbelts. We had a local RV shop install them Work great!
John S.

Post by John S. »

I had the factory put two belts on the sofa as well. It is not hard to do. You need to find a steel crossmember and attach there. I will say this though, I use them to seat belt the dog harnesses in and not for people. I think people sitting sideways and using a seatbelt will have other issues. In a severe crash they will collide with each other and the rear of the passenger seat or the passengers head.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”