changes in our 26 ft rb Born Free

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

bensae

changes in our 26 ft rb Born Free

Post by bensae »

I am about 6' 2, and my wife 5'10. The range hood totally blocked my vision and pretty well also blocked hers. Had to duck to look even at a shallow fry pan. I unscrewed the hood from the underbody of the cabinet. The cabinets in the 26 ft. RB Born Free are all made with good quality 3/4" stock -- in contrast to my last non-Born Free. It was easy to drill pilots and screw the hood into the cabinet bottom about two inches back from where it was. There is plenty of room to do this. The monitors are still readable.

In the bathroom I installed some 1/4 x 1" strips running fore and aft under the sink cabinet on the left side. There is a plastic basket which is a little more sturdy than most, sold by Walmart, and this has a lip which rides on the wood strips like a drawer. Now when we fit out, we take the baskets in the house for toilet kit items and we each have a drawer, ready to go when they are brought out.

Anybody have similar add-ons? There is very little one can do to improve the BF.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”